6.5

2009 BMW Z4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW Z4:

2009 BMW Z4 Owner Comments

Aug 262010

Z4

I am leasing a 2009 Z4 BMW, the engine car stall while driving this happened twice in a period of 2 weeks, I almost have a car crash behind in both opportunities, thanks that the traffic was very slow, the second time I have to go out the road. I brought the car the for service, they were able to reproduce the failure, after one week at the shop they say it was a computer failure, they replace the computer however after 2 weeks the car still in the shop I have call several times to customer service and the service shop but I don't get any specific answer of what is going on, I feel I don't have any rights as a consumer and in the other hand I am concerned for my safety since they said they don't guarantee this won't haven again even if the car is fixed. Do I have any rights as a consumer or I have to accept this situation.

- Herndon, VA, USA