8.3

2011 BMW Z4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW Z4:

2011 BMW Z4 Owner Comments

Mar 292016

Z4

To whom it may concern: I purchased this over $30,000 expensive lemon on December 2,2015. This vehicle has been in the service center more than I've driven it. My expensive lemon of an investment is currently at the BMW midtown service center waiting on the arrival of its new engine from germany. I was told it will take weeks. I am very disappointed in my pre-owned certified vehicle. The resolution offered to me is not appreciated by me. Please any feedback from BMW is welcomed.  jerri sow  (601) 955-2100 americansow@yahoo.com

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 132014

Z4 6-cyl

My BMW Z4 2011 stalled for the third time. This happened in a parking lot as my car was slowing down. The engine shut down completely and I had no power steering. I took my vehicle into the dealership the next day for service and contacted BMW usa. I purchased and installed a dash camera and captured the stalling on the third incident and provided them the footage. BMW usa did a visual inspection and claimed that my after-market led light bulb in my daytime running lights was the cause of my stalling without providing any documentation or testing. Based on their conclusions, they voided my electrical and powertrain warranty and denied any repairs to be made by any BMW dealership per BMW usa. There is a definite issue with this vehicle stalling that BMW cannot resolve and they have resorted to blaming the consumer without proper testing or documentation.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jul 262013

Z4 6-cyl

My car stalled again on July 26th. In this instance, I was on the freeway driving on the on-ramp between 5-10 mph. My car stalled completely, however, this time the electrical was still on. I panicked because I was still moving in traffic. Thank god I was able to break in time and restart my car on the first attempt because I could've gotten into an accident very easily with cars directly in front and behind me. I was told at the last service that all recalls were completed on the vehicle. Specifically the battery cable which caused many previous Z4 to stall randomly. The stalling is still occurring on this vehicle after the recall.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jun 192013

Z4 6-cyl

The car stalled for the first time. I was driving for about 5 minutes at around 25-35 mph and made a stop at a traffic light. While at a complete stop, the car engine and all the electrical shut off completely while in gear. I put the car into 'park' then tried to restart. It did not start the engine but the electrical came back on and the yellow check engine light appeared. After two attempts (taking key out, putting key in, and starting the engine), the car starts again and everything went back to normal.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Feb 072012

Z4

The contact owns a 2011 BMW Z4. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer four times but the failure could not be reproduced. The manufacturer was notified but no assistance was given. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was 7,005 and the current mileage was 12,000.

- Miami, FL, USA