2014 BMW Z4 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW Z4:

2014 BMW Z4 Owner Comments

Jun 082015

The tire on my Z4 rub the inside wheel well causing the tire to blow out. When I took the wheel to be repaired, the manager of the tire company said this was a factory defect that he is seeing on most of the Z4's. he said it will continue to happen as the camber can't be adjusted out far enough to stop this rubbing. I contact BMW but they said it was my fault; that I probably hit too many pot holes, I drove too fast, I should have known this would happen since it is a sports car. They also said I should have had the car realigned every year. No where in my manual does it tell me this. It cost me over thousand dollars to get my tires fixed. This is a major safety issue that needs to be addressed but no one will listen nor do a thing about this. All I got from the lady in spartensburg, the home office, was I'm sorry, you could sell your car! my car only has thiry thousand miles on it, now I will have to face this again and again. Why would any manufacturer produce a vehicle that the tires are too big to fit properly inside the wheel wells? safety is my concern, now and in the future. I have it in writing where the manager said it was going to happen again.

- Frankfort, IN, USA