$1,500.00

1. fix constant shorting out of all sensors, computer bad, throttle (1 reports)
1998 Buick Century electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Century:

1998 Buick Century Owner Comments

Dec 202009

Century Custom 3.1L V6

I purchased a 1998 Buick Century from East Charlotte Nissan two years ago for over five thousand dollars. The car said it only had 53,000 miles on it. After bringing it home it immediately started shorting out all components of the electrical system. It has had the throttle sensor which continues to go bad replaced five separate times. The car stalls stranding me repeatedly. Yesterday after again replacing another throttle sensor it said that the computer was bad, three more sensors were faulty. It stranded me again on the road and now it will not start. It will have to be towed to a shop where I will once again spend a large amount of money to get it to run for no more than one to two weeks. I paid over five thousand dollars because it said it only had 53,000 miles on it. I now have approximately seven thousand dollars in it and cannot sell it to anyone. I routinely have to spend two to three hundred dollars every few weeks on it.

Again, the electrical system is shorted out, it will not start, it has three faulty codes when plugged into the engine diagnosis computer. East Charlotte Nissian will only ignore me. Never purchase a car from East Charlotte Nissan in Charlotte, North Carolina. They promised me over and over that this car was immaculate in excellent condition.

Chris Conrad

chrisdconrad1@gmail.com

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA

Apr 052010

Century 3.8L V8

Early on the 5th My sisters were going out for breakfast before she went back to college, my sister (The Owner) stopped for gas, when they topped off her car wouldn't start, they tried everything, but she said that her car has really bad electrical problems, after messing with the car for 20 minutes they called a family friend to check it out, he said it would take at least a week to figure out, & guess who had to help drive ALL the way to Orange City, Iowa & lose the last day of his spring break. Me & my mom plan to buy the car & have the electrics rebuilt...

- , Mission, SD, USA