8.0

1. replace fuel tank (1 reports)
2000 Buick Century fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick Century:

2000 Buick Century Owner Comments

Oct 012011

Century Custom V6

I was told the only way to fix the gas gauge is to get a new gas tank which would cost me about $750. So, I use the trip odometer, reset it to zero when I fill up, drive 300 miles and fill up again. The gauge usually stays around 3/4 of a tank. Sometimes I go down a hill and the gauge goes to empty. When I go up the hill, I can watch it quickly move to full. Sort of amazing. I can't believe the low fuel light works. Yes, it is still a pain in the ass.

- , Dover, NJ, USA