1. added coolant, mechanic says to use the correct type (2 reports)
2002 Buick Century cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Century:

2002 Buick Century Owner Comments

Nov 092014

Century Custom 3.1L

Okay where to start!! The low coolant light come on so I went to the GM dealer and got the GM coolant. Went to open the radiator cap and a brown slug/clay thing in it. My worst fear come true!! I have always taken care of my Buick, but things happen. Replaced the heads! and added the GM Orange Coolant! and bleed the system! and the low coolant light keeps coming on!! Why? I did everything GM told me to do! on how to bleed the system, and still, light comes on!! If I take it in to them the service adviser told me it would be $650.00 to re-drain the system and for them to bleed it. This is why I really dislike American Auto makers.They all want to beat the bottom line, at the expense of the consumer! I hope, really hope, the GM executives read sites like this and by some miracle they will address the issue with the cooling system, on the 3.1 , 3.4, 3.8. engines.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 032010

Century Custom V6

Never know if my car is going to overheat or the radiator go completely. I am a widow and do not know much about cars so I am continuously stressed driving long distances. I expect some things to go wrong but there appears to be no indication except for the light, waiting for the bomb to drop. I am unemployed right now so taking it to a garage is out of the question. We pay so much for the cars and then to have major problems once the car is paid off.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Dec 132010

Century Limited 3.1L

If this is a consistent problem why doesn't GM step up and recall the dam cars. I was just preaching to my kids about buying American Made vehicles and to hell with the darn Jap cars. But how can I if we keep on making CRAP! I love this car, it drives smooth but I had a similar problem with my Oldsmobile (SAME CRAPPY ASS COOLING SYSTEM).

Tell your friends about this website and get these problems recalled.

The last time I checked the toilet, it was not money I flushed.

- , Upland, CA, USA