6.0

2002 Buick Century electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Century:

2002 Buick Century Owner Comments

Jul 152015

Century Custom V6

Driving peacefully down the street and the horn honks, softly, but audibly; indicator lights--service engine soon, trac off, security, etc--go on and off randomly. If I can. I pull over and turn the car off. Start it again and no lights come on. Drive a little, more lights, horn honks twice this time, etc etc. Now a serious issue because it won't start at all. Have an after-market remote start unit which I'll get checked first. I see other owners have had similar issues. Any known fix? Is this related to the car's computer? It also has window issues but I've been blaming the car's age for that, now I see others have window issues too. Any help out there?

- , Sioux Falls, SD, USA

May 102013

Century

My "park, drive, reverse, neutral..." and mileage lights all went out, so I can't tell if I'm in neutral or drive, unless I'm actually moving!!! Won't show how many miles are actually on the car anymore!!! Now my A/C lights are starting to go out. My trunk won't open with the Fob. My windows get stuck!! One of the dome lights won't come on!!!!

- , Waynoka, OK, USA