7.7

2003 Buick Century lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Century:

2003 Buick Century Owner Comments

Feb 172016

Century

headlights go out when on high beam after a few minutes

Driving down a rural road and the headlights go black...Very scary! We have stopped using our high beams because of this. This needs to be recalled and fixed no matter how old the car is. It is a safety hazard not just to the owners but to all others on the road!

- , Lacey, WA, USA

Jan 222010

Century 3.1L V6

My dash lights came back on that night. I thought great, until I was traveling in a wooded rural area at night and the headlights went out. It was pretty scary. I pulled over and turned off everything said a prayer and restarted the car and the lights came on. I noticed the dash lights were out again. I never wanted them back on again. I never tried to fix any fuses for fear of losing head lights again.

- , Valdo, GA, USA

Jul 072015

Century

Lights go out when on high beam while driving, come back on when put on low beam.

- , Moscow Mills, MO, USA

Jan 192009

Century V6

I also have a problem with my lights going off when changing from dim to bright lights, have to click back to dim to have them come back on.

I really notice it on any kind of turns even small turns.

I feel this has to be a factory defect.

- , nashport, OH, USA

Feb 022009

Century 3.2L V6

I have a 2003 buick century. When I'm driving at night the lights go out very very dangerous and scary but when I hit the dimmer switch they come back on

- , Caldwell, OH, USA

Nov 012004

Century V6

This started a few years ago, but within the past month (my car now has 100000 miles on it) the lights go out while I'm driving. At night. It's frightening. I drove about 30 miles last night in the dark, and they went off 4 times. If I hit the bright switch, they come back on. Hitting the light switch itself does nothing. This is worrisome as I now have a newborn son to drive around. I am plan on trading this POS off next spring, but it has to get me through the winter. Anyone have any ideas?

- , Manhattan, KS, USA