4.7

2003 Buick Century wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Century:

2003 Buick Century Owner Comments

Dec 072006

Century 6-cyl

Anti lock brakes, December 2006. I noticed the brakes were spongy, and a loud growling type noise when I turned. I took it to my regular mechanic, who did an inspection, and said the brakes were fine. Brake pads were in good shape, etc. I drove home, anti lock light was on. I took the car back to repair shop for test drive. They drove it for several hours no noises or spongy braking. My daughter called me & reported seeing the car flying down the road.. I told repair shop I wasn't driving 55 or greater when problem occurred. I was doing between 10- 40 mph. They drove it again at much slower speeds and recreated the problems. They recommended I replace the ABS sensor and right/left wheel cylinders. I did, it at great expense. The warning light for the anti lock brakes went out. I drove home, parked the car, and the next morning rove to work, and it happened again. The warning light was back on. Took it back to the repair shop. Everything was working fine. They could not find a reason for the problems. But, recommended replacement of the brake system. Also had to replace all four tires due to thread separation. Another customer there with this car, also a 2003 Buick Century that was having new tires put on for the same reason. The tread was separating. But no recall was issued, why? perhaps like me, most people didn't know where to report such problems, they just replaced them like I did.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 312004

Century

While driving at 70 mph there was a loud noise, pulled off the road, inspected the vehicle, and discovered the right front tire was on the ground. The tread was completely G0ne.

- Meridian, MS, USA