CarComplaints.com Notes: Buying the first model year of any vehicle is rarely a good idea. You become a guinea pig for the automaker and they are really not nice to guinea pigs.

The 2008 Enclave has a wide enough range of problems to issue a warning. There's transmission failure under 90k miles, new power steering units costing over $1,300, and enough engine complaints to NHTSA to scare anyone away.

2.0

2008 Buick Enclave brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Buick Enclave:

2008 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Feb 202014

Enclave

All my tires keep getting low and check light engine keeps showing low tire pressure. I took it in to three different tire places they dont know what the problem is. Im constantly airing my tires everyday from summer throughout winter and its exhausting.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 012014

Enclave 6-cyl

I purchased my vehicle January 2014. Since then I have had major issues with it leaking when it rains, . water enters the sunroof and drips throughout the vehicles overhead as well as soaks the passenger side carpet. Water drips from the visor, the overhead lights (which could result in an electrical fire) in the front middle and back of the vehicle it seeps through the seat belt height adjusters and the area where the side airbags deploy (which could cause deploy issues). The problem has gotten so bad my vehicle is starting to smell like mold and I am afraid that after a year of this problem mold has grown under the carpet as well as in the overhead foam. My biggest concern is if my child is exposed to this for an extended period of time it will flair up his asthma. A child with asthma is very sensitive to mold and mildew and he is very sensitive as well as has allergies to mold. Additionally, when it rains my exhaust smokes and car putts as if water has gotten into the engine/exhaust, the check engine light has come on several times while traveling and no one can seem to find the issue, the check airbag light came on a couple of months after the purchase, and my steering wheel tightens up when I turn and I have already had that taken care of once. As I was driving home today the emergency brake light came on and dinged all the way home. I believe there are now electrical issues with the vehicle due to the leaks and may cause a malfunction or fire.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Dec 262014

Enclave 6-cyl

Driving on the highway RPM's were going up but car was hardly moving. We could have been hit! after checking on-line this seems to be a problem for the 2008 Enclave. Why has there not been a recall? I believe no-one wants to take responsibility for such a costly problem but someone is going to get hurt.....we were on the highway. I will not stop here....I am hoping someone will actually read and respond to me.

- Claremore, OK, USA

Feb 042013

Enclave 6-cyl

This is the 8th time+ we've had water enter the car through the closed moon roof. Water drips down through the left and right windshield pillars, flows out of the seatbelt tensioners in the 3rd row and through the headliner onto the inside of the windshield. You can hear a wave of water flowing above the headliner, and when woosh it flows when the car dips to one side or the other. There's has to be electrical issues and rust that's being created by this problem. The dealership says the drain is clogged with leafs, from a moon room that's never been opened. This problem is pervasive for this platform (2007-2012/traverse/acadia/outlook/Enclave) but I don't see any activity from this organization to address this. The last 2 times this happened braking system failed. Warning on the dic: Break assist off and then the red critical failure warning and tones came on while driving. So now I have water on the inside of the windshield and failure of the braking system, while I'm driving. The dealership was unable to pull any error codes, but I recorded the event on my cell phone. Now this is a ntsb issue. Failed brakes and not being able to see out the windshield is a real accident waiting to happen. (note, once the vehicle dried out, the brake failure warning and tones went away.) good thing we live in drought stricken California or we'd probably be dead a long time ago.

- Alamo, CA, USA