NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.1

2009 Buick Enclave brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

2009 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jul 132015

Enclave

Driving on interstate 75 North of cincinnati oh in bumper to bumper traffic on 7-13-15 in left lane when buzzer sounded, traction control light came on and engine lost power. Trying to get to shoulder was a bad experience as traffic was having one hell of a time trying to cope with a car that suddenly wasn't moving. How a bad accident didn't happen, I just say it was good luck! we really like our Buick Enclave and would like to keep it. I have a code reader and no code was revealed. I pushed the traction control button several times and reentered traffic and the car ran fine for the next two hours to home......

- Corydon, IN, USA

Apr 022015

Enclave 6-cyl

I was driving on the freeway and the car begin begain to flash across the dash that it was reducing engine power. This now happens ever so often when I'm driving I was wondering is this a re-call matter?

- Detroit, MI, USA

Sep 042013

Enclave 6-cyl

Issue: Check engine light issue resolution: Dealership found code P0304 and P0306 were stored. Recommended replacement of #4 and #6 coils and plugs. Repair replaced all plugs and coils. Issue #7. itr

May 102013

Enclave 6-cyl

Issue: Car makes loud screeching noise, loss of power steering, engine fan constantly running and car A/C heats on one side and cools on the other. Resolution: Dealership located leaking gear and pump damaged which caused noise. Replaced power steering gear and power steering pump. Flushed power steering system and evac and recharge A/C system. Issue #6

Jul 212012

Enclave 6-cyl

Issue: Repair done for premature timing chain wear due to engine control module resolution: Recall repair #10287 performed and reprogrammed engine control module issue #5.

Jun 072014

Enclave 6-cyl

Driving home and the stabilitrak and traction control light comes on. Car now spins tires and has disabled the ABS. Very unstable car with ABS not working properly. Take my vehicle in for routine maintenance and was told rack and pinion is leaking. Got online and see class action law suit against GM for this same reason. No recall. I don't see how GM does not think this is a safety issue. To be driving down the road and steering fail. Not only endangering people in the car but also everybody else around them. I'm starting to hate this car. Looks good from a distance but the problems GM has had with these models Enclave, traverse, acadia all models with this steering system. Not a cheap fix either! my father worked for GM so that's all we buy. Seriously reconsidering though.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Mar 042014

Enclave 6-cyl

I was heading out my neighborhood up a hill to make a left turn and all of the sudden the steering wheel would not move and almost caused me to get into a wreck. I already had the steering pump and pinions changed 1 week ago and now this happens. Apparently this is an issue GM knows about and nothing has been done. I have 2 kids and I am concerned about their safety. Not to mention how costly this is and as a single mother I cannot afford to buy another vehicle or repairs, by the way I did just purchase this vehicle 2 weeks ago. Yes I did just purchase it from a dealer.

- Tucker, GA, USA