2.4

2009 Buick Enclave engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

2009 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

May 062016

Enclave

The contact owns a 2009 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while the vehicle was stopped in traffic, the accelerator pedal was depressed and failed to operate. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Lowell, NC, USA

Jan 142016

Enclave

My cat kept going even after I stood on the brakes with my whole weight several times. I then put it in neutral. The motor raced but eventually slowed. This happened several years ago and the dealer blamed it on "floor mats". I burned up my brakes & tired today. It was not "mats". my phone is 858.945.2713 but I cannot get that phone accepted.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 022015

Enclave 6-cyl

I was driving on the freeway and the car begin begain to flash across the dash that it was reducing engine power. This now happens ever so often when I'm driving I was wondering is this a re-call matter?

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 022009

Enclave 6-cyl

In the past I had jerking or slipping of transmission at approximately 40 miles an hour, or the engine was having a coil miss fire. I had 3 new coils installed by dealer under warranty with similar problems before. Took to dealer and they could not determine if transmission was slipping or engine miss firing, but no code on miss firing engine. Slipping or hesitating of transmission is more likely but can not determine since does not act the same consistently. Steering noise started in the winter approximately November 2013, but off and on since; steering seems a little stiff but not failing yet like so many other complaints I have read about here. I was charged $342.81 for dirty throttle body and oil in the air dust tube which might cause misfire, they cleaned and replaced bank 2 value cover and cleared codes, performed idle lean reset. This did not fix problem on 05/19/2014. I returned on 06/10/14 and left car till 06/11/14 the dealer let me use a loaner over night. The dealer said stumble/misfire at times was not acting up enough to diagnose. I had the cars automatic transmission flush service on 02/26/14 and there was no problem at that time. In the course of owning this vehicle I had 3 coils replaced with problems starting 01/05/10 one coil, second coil on 08/11/10. Third coil shortly thereafter, this is after complaining since 12/02/2009 about engine shudder. The misfire/stumble is still happening about 40 mph and sometimes around 20mph if you are slow going but not on a pull or accelerating. We love the car, but the problems are getting expensive and the worry of what else can go wrong is stressful. I did not mention the warranty repairs of water pump going out front motor mount failure, shift lever, airbags, seat belts, left out remote mirror failure, engine and transmission code updates. Dealer seem ok, so GM can not fix or will not due to cost.

- Owasso, OK, USA

Apr 202010

Enclave

The contact owns a 2009 Buick Enclave. The contact stated she was accelerating to speeds of 45 mph and removed her foot from the pedal yet the vehicle continued to accelerate without warrant. She attempted to apply the brakes but the vehicle would not respond. The engine was shut off and she placed the vehicle into park to avoid crashing into a vehicle ahead of her. The vehicle was towed to a local dealer where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The contact stated she had experienced the failure at least twice. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 17,500 and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Cedar Lane, TX, USA