2009 Buick Enclave fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

2009 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jul 132015

Driving on interstate 75 North of cincinnati oh in bumper to bumper traffic on 7-13-15 in left lane when buzzer sounded, traction control light came on and engine lost power. Trying to get to shoulder was a bad experience as traffic was having one hell of a time trying to cope with a car that suddenly wasn't moving. How a bad accident didn't happen, I just say it was good luck! we really like our Buick Enclave and would like to keep it. I have a code reader and no code was revealed. I pushed the traction control button several times and reentered traffic and the car ran fine for the next two hours to home......

- Corydon, IN, USA

Mar 242014

While driving, I noticed my engine started sputtering and had problems accelerating. Soon afterwards, the "malfunction indicator light" (aka check engine light) came on and stayed on. I contacted the dealer and took it in for repair. It was diagnosed as "pistons misfiring". I had pistons/cylinders replaced at a cost of several hundred dollars. A couple of months later, the same thing happened and I had other pistons/cylinders replaced. This has happened about a half dozen times between March 2014 and today (March 2015). I have paid thousands of dollars for this same problem and I do not understand why a recall has not been issued. The dealer told me that there are several pistons/cylinders that can trigger this problem. Just by doing a simple search online, I see that many others have experienced this problem with the Buick Enclave. As of today, 31 March 2015, my engine began sputtering and the check engine light came on again. I have lost faith in Buick behind this and I do not believe I will purchase another Buick.

- Cheltenham, PA, USA

Aug 102012

Enclave 6-cyl

The engine on my 2009 Enclave was replaced in Feb of 2012 because it was cracked, at the time I had approximately 32K on the car. There was no indication of a problem the car just died on a major highway. The car again died a few weeks later due to a timing belt snapping. On 8/10/12 I was traveling from my home state of New York to Virginia for vacation, with my family, and the car lost power again on a major highway at 10:30 at night we had to have the car towed, find a hotel and then rent a car to get to our destination. This time it was a fuel injector and an O2 sensor. We have incurred over $900 in expenses we have contacted Buick and they are not willing to do anything about this car. We will no longer be covered by a warranty after 50K the car currently has about 43K. The car has broken down 3 times since Feb. Each time with my family in it, there is never any indication that the car is going to break down it just dies. I am fearful to keep putting my family in this car what do I do?

- Clifton Park, NY, USA