1.9

2009 Buick Enclave miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

2009 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Sep 262016

Enclave

I received a recall notice regarding my power lift gate. I took it to seelye of South haven in South haven mi. Twice. The first time they said it was working properly. Then on 9/26, they said it was not the prop rod. Which I can tell you the rod moves alot when I manually open my hatch. I can not use my key fab or button to open my hatch. I have to manually open it and shut it. I feel that if my hatch as an issue that is unsafe under any type of recall it should be covered with no expense to me. Seelye's tried to charge me a diagnostic fee also when I thought this was a warranty issue. I love my Buick but this is crazy.

- Lawrence, MI, USA

May 202016

Enclave

Powersteering goes out or locks up when turning at low speed in either direction.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 052015

Enclave

Went to open the trunk and place my daughters softball equipment in the back when all of a sudden the truck came down all by itself and hit me in the head. The suspension rods (I think they are called ) just gave out.

- Oakland Township, MI, USA

May 242015

Enclave

Lift gate won't stay up. Hit me on the head when free-falling. Ouch. Now I use a broom to prop open the lift gate on my $32K SUV. I should have bought a 20 year old used Chevy instead. At least it would match the broom!

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 012015

Enclave

Pressed button on rear hatch to open. The hatch engaged and went up only to catch and then freefall back down on top of my head leaving me dazed, disoriented and in pain. I hesitate to think what would have happened if I hadnt instinctively put my hand up to catch it or if had been a child there instead of me. The hatch is totally unusable because it will not stay open long enough to put anything in or get anything out. Very dangerous!

- Elkview, WV, USA

Feb 182015

Enclave

While operating, opening the liftgate and leaning into the storage (trunk)to remove items liftgate made a noise and came down hitting my daughter on her head.liftgate(hatch) will not remain open.dealer diagnosed as struts and power pad need replacement.extended service plan does not cover the struts.dealer also said power steering line leaking and transmission lines(2) leaking due to corrosion.740.00 for repairs.power steering leakage covered by extended service plan.no symptoms of leakage before diagnosis.Enclave drove fine.no steering problems

- Rochester, NY, USA