2010 Buick Enclave brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Enclave:

2010 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Apr 122010

Buick Enclave will roll back when on a hill. When I have the brakes on while on an incline and attempt to release the brake to hit the gas pedal and advance forward, the car does not stop. The vehicle will continue to roll back when on an incline (whether slight or drastic of an incline) if the brakes are not applied. This has caused a threat to my life and others several times. When I am stopped on an incline, I have to "punch the gas" in order to avoid hitting the car behind me. This type of applied advancement has caused the wheels to turn out or "burn rubber". I have brought this to the dealer's maintenance department attention. However, the issue was shrugged off. Also, I have had other driver's test the vehicle and the same conclusion was drawn---driver's feel unsafe in the vehicle. I have gone up and down this same hill with various cars and have never felt this insecurity with other cars. I am taking my car in for a second consultation with the dealership.

- Bellflower, CA, USA