2010 Buick Enclave miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Enclave:

2010 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Water is leaking from front windshield on both the drivers side and passenger side of car and is affecting electrical equipment, such as onstar, engine light, etc.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Jun 172015

Reference complaint number: 10876974 heater/air conditioner motor shortly after replacing the power steering pump & rack and pinion on June 17, 2015, my air conditioner began to drain in my car. I stopped at holzhauer motors in Cherokee, Iowa (authorized dealer) where I had the power steering pump & rack and pinion replaced and stated that my air conditioner was draining in my car. The service advisor pulled the car in the shop and stated that there was a kink in the hose and this kink had happened when they replaced the power steering pump & the rack and pinion. On that visit the service advisor stated that it had been fixed. On January 11, 2016 I took my vehicle in for a scheduled lube oil & filter change. I stated to the service adviser that I was having trouble with the fan not wanting to blow any hot air. And it gets very cold in Iowa in January. I was informed by the service advisor that I would have to replace the motor. Because it is not safe to travel in the dead of winter without heat I had to have the motor replaced January 13, 2016. And as of today, June 27, 2016, my air conditioner continues to drain in my car leaving me exposed to moldy conditions in my car, due to the combination of extremely hot conditions combined with a wet floor. Today, June 27, 2016 around 11:30 am I sat at a stop light and listened to my fan die. I tried taking it off of the "auto" control and reset the temperature to the lowest I can get it (currently 69 degrees) and the fan on as high as it can be. There is no cool air. At 3:30 pm today I stopped at holzhauer motors in Cherokee, Iowa that "repaired" the kink in the A/C hose shortly after June 17, 2015 and replaced the motor on January 13, 2016 and no one in service was available to visit with me about correcting these issues.

- Sutherland, IA, USA

Sep 262015

While the vehicle was in motion on an highway at approximately 70 mph, the sky roof above the 2nd row seats spontaneously exploded. The vehicle was on an open 3 lane highway with limited vehicle traffic. Approximate temperature was 65 degrees outside and 70 degrees inside. The incident happened just before noon on September 26th in central Wisconsin. The result was a hole the size of a football in the center of the glass. The edges of the glass surrounding the hole were tilted upward as though something came out of the vehicle. The remaining glass was in small pieces put still intact in the original shape. The thin shade that was on the interior of the vehicle was closed at the time which contained most of the glass that fell through. No other foreign material was found in the shade while I was cleaning up of the broken glass. My husband was driving the vehicle and described it as being a loud bang behind him. My young kids (ages 6 and 7) sit below this sky roof and thankfully were not in the vehicle when it happened, but they could of been pelted with glass and the loud bang could of startled me if I was driving and caused an accident. The only place I could get the vehicle repaired was at the dealership which significantly increased the cost to repair it and it took over 5 days to get the piece of glass and then another day to repair it. I am fearful that this will happen again with the new piece of glass as it's the same part. This is a significant safety hazard that could cause injury to vehicle occupants and possible accident.

- Merrill, WI, USA

Sep 272015

I was driving on the interstate going about 70mph. All of a sudden the light on my console said traction control off, service stabilitrack. My gas would not work, the power steering off and all the power was going. I barely made it to the shoulder. It was very scary also have my two children in the car. I looked up the problem in my book and it said to turn off and wait 15 seconds then turn on. That did not work. I sat there for about 30 minutes. I looked under the hood, underneath the car to see if anything was leaking. Nothing. Finally it would turn over and start. I turned around to go home and about 5 miles from my house, it happed again out of no where. I again waited for about 20 or 30 minutes and it finally started. Now my check engine light is on. I am afraid to drive it now.

- Jamestown, IN, USA

Jun 012013

My 2010 Buick Enclave have what is being described by mechanics as a design defect in the high pressure hose valve for the air-conditioner. I first complaint about it to Buick back in August of 2013 when my air conditioner failed to work at the time my vehicle had 24,273 miles. After complaining to the deal how wanted $260 or so to check the problem I called the Buick customer service they were helpful in waiving the diagnostic fee for what was common knowledge that "high pressure hose leaks at compressor" yet at the time they never acknowledge it. In good faith, and because I was a "value customer" I was given and appointment to have the dealer look at the problem with out charge. I must give Buick credit for this as it is good customer service. The dealer wanted $585.13 to repair the "designed defect" of the hose after the test. Yet, it was common knowledge what caused the problem is based on designed defect as I was told. Needless to mention that the "air conditioner" leaked inside the car cabin from another common problem with the air conditioner. It is all over the internet dating back to a few years and several models. Okay Buick fix the problem without charge but it leak after the repairs this year. Therefore, it is of my option that the problem is a defect on the designed and when my air conditioner is on in long trips it has leaked. What they did was just replace the part with another similar effect of part that would eventually really. My may say "they just repainted the rush but did not fix the cause of the problem". I paid to fix the high pressure hose from some $450 and since my air conditioner is on the leak has "awoken" or the rush reappeared as one may say. Buick should recall these problem and find a cure for the defect. How many complaints are need to recall a defect

- New York City, NY, USA

Apr 012015

Vehicle rolled back while on an incline (parking structure). It was in drive almost hit the car behind it. It has done this on several occasions since then. Called Buick dealerships in area was told that this was a common characteristic of this vehicle. Took it in to service dept. And was told the same thing also, told that we should use both feet like a manual transmission.

- Inkster, MI, USA

Apr 012015

While driving up in a parking lot on an incline structure the vehicle was in drive began rolling backwards and almost hit the car behind our vehicle. We've tried it on several inclines and it always rolls backwards in drive. We have contacted several Buick dealerships and was told that it was just a characteristic of the vehicle.went to another dealership to have them look at car and was told that I just have to drive it like I would a manual transmission (using both feet) to brake and prevent it from rolling backwards. I don't feel comfortable driving this vehicle with that problem. Safety should be a priority and if indeed this vehcle is known for this problem there should have be resolution by now.

- Inkster, MI, USA

Apr 282010

2010 Buick Enclave. Accelerator pedal causing potential accident hazard the consumer stated while parked and sitting in the vehicle, his right shoe, which was resting on the accelerator became stuck tightly to the carpeting which runs along side the center of the console that extends under the dash panel. To disengage his shoe, the consumer had to reach down and physically pull his foot free. The consumer stated his shoes had velcro straps on them and he inadvertently rested his right foot against the carpeting on the console. As the strap did not cover about an inch and quarter of the exposed hook of velcro, his shoe became firmly attached to the carpeting.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA