2010 Buick Enclave steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Enclave:

2010 Buick Enclave Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jan 052015

Enclave 6-cyl

1. while driving, vehicle entered "reduced power mode" making it impossible to maintain speed. This is a safety issue as driver loses ability to maintain speed while traveling with flow of traffic and with reduced engine power, even the ability to pull out of the lane of travel is impaired. Dealer identified bad throttle body as cause and replaced. 2. power steering pump failure. Issue was identified due to whining noise prior to complete failure. Had pump failed completely, driver could have lost control with power assist not available while driving. Pump was replaced and necessary associated repairs made by dealer.

- Sparta, NJ, USA

Sep 042014

Enclave 6-cyl

In the course of annual state inspection and tending to recall issues, was told that the power steering was leaking. Had not noticed any problem with it. Because was a safety issue got repair done; warranty expired (of course) so ended up paying $1400 for replacing power steering rack (including 4 wheel alignment). Contacted GM and they did partially reimburse under "special coverage". that seemed pretty decent of them but not so sure now in light of all the complaints listed re power steering in the Enclave in general and the 2010 Enclave in particular. There clearly is an issue with 2010 Enclaves (and maybe acadias and traverses) and the power steering assembly. There should be a recall issued.

- Locust Grove, VA, USA

Nov 222014

Enclave 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while making a turn, the power steering seized and the vehicle when into manual steering. The failure recurred several times. The contact received an unknown special coverage notice from the manufacturer. The dealer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. Updated 1/16/15 the power steering pump was replaced. 01/20/15.

- Marion, MA, USA

Aug 042014

Enclave 6-cyl

Vehicle power steering fails at slow speeds/ most preveaent when turning, parking and etc. Very dangerous.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Oct 292014

Enclave 6-cyl

Went to dealer for service was told steering rack was leaking and needed to be replaced. Asked about recalls for the issue and was told their were none. I would have to pay for the entire repair. Returned home to find a notice not a recall in the mail from GM about my issue. My condition is clearly associated with a known safety defect identified by GM. This is an admitted urgent safety condition and GM needs to repair these vehicles under a mandatory recall campaign and not try and find a way to not cover the cost of the repair. My wife drives this car in heavy Suburban traffic and the sudden loss of power steering on a vehicle of this size and weight is a serious safety condition that can result in serious injury or a loss of life.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Aug 112014

Enclave 6-cyl

At low speeds as in trying to park or waiting to make a turn from the stopped position, the steering becomes very stiff. It feels as the power steering has stopped working and is extremely hard to turn.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Oct 192014

Enclave 6-cyl

Lost power steering at low speed.

- Peshtigo, WI, USA

Sep 012014

Enclave 6-cyl

Total loss of power steering at low speeds. Every time we slow to about 5 mph or less to make turns at corners, stop signs or curves we loose our power steering. Extremely difficult to park vehicle or navigate parking lots. Very unsafe when other vehicles or pedestrians are in the proximity.

- Harrisville, MI, USA

Sep 152014

Enclave

My vehicle is 4 years old 58,000 miles, started feeling resistance when turning and an screeching sound. The rack and pinion need to be replaced at a cost of $1500. Found out this is not under warranty even though there are over 100 complaints. Where does a single mother of 2 get the money to replace something that seems to be fault of the manufacturer. The GMC dealer will not assist in a price reduction, if this is not replace the car can stall when attempting to turn and cause an accident, or fatality.

- Elmont, NY, USA

Nov 292013

Enclave

We were on a long trip from wa. State to el centro, ca. Approximately 100 + miles from el centro, when we were slowing to go into a service station, I noticed I had no power steering and had to manually steer it which was very difficult. I tried to put some ps fluid in it, but couldn't get the engine cover off to find the ps holder, so had to drive on into el centro and locate a dealership there. They checked it and informed us that a new rack & pinion unit, etc. Was needed at that time. Our extended warranty was out at that time, so it cost us approx. $2,000 + to get it repaired and then the wheels balanced, etc. We could have had a crash at high speeds prior to having it checked as we were on a long trip. We did get it fixed as as we could though which necessitated us waiting around the dealership for several hours while they fixed the problem. We con-tacted our dealership in our home town, but could or would not do anything because our warranty had just rain out.

- East Wrenatchee, WA, USA

Sep 132014

Enclave

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the steering wheel failed without warning. The driver had to place force on the steering wheel to be able to turn and keep the vehicle under control. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Bluefield , VA, USA

Sep 092014

Enclave 6-cyl

I was experiencing rubbing and resistance when making turns at slow speeds. I was driving with 6 kids in my car and was turning left across a major street and the power steering failed as I entered oncoming traffic. I was able to get the car turned. Got home and checked the steering fluid was empty. I refilled the steering fluid and it began leaking. Took the car to my mechanic and they found that the rack and pinion needed to be replaced ($1,000) and there is a service bulletin about the boots getting wet from some steering fluid, but my vehicle the steering fluid leaked so badly that the steering fluid needed to be refilled daily. The steering components in this vehicle are faulty and creating very dangerous situations. After searching online there are many many complaints from customers on similar dangerous situations of them turning into oncoming traffic and the steering failing. It is only a matter of time before something tragic happens. My vehicle is a 2010 with 65,000. It should not have this sort of issue. It is no longer covered under manufacturer warranty.

- Grayslake, IL, USA

Mar 212014

Enclave 6-cyl

This vehicle has had issues since purchased with brakes and power steering I contacted Buick and the dealer where vehicle was purchased and as of 9/8/2014 the brakes were the only ones fixed but power steering still and issue I have contacted Buick four times since March and they still have not done anything to help me and fix this problem they are claiming that it is a workmanship issue and not a manufacturer issue based on vehicle history this vehicle is very clean and no accidents but I am starting to doubt that because power steering gets hard at about 15 to 35 miles and also at 45 to 55 when exiting a highway bramp very dangerous vehicle to drive around I would not recommend Buick Enclaves to anyone because Buick or dealers give you the run around when you let them know about issue...

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 152014

Enclave

Slowed to turn right on a green light. As I slowed during the turn, the power steering failed not allowing me to turn the wheel. I was forced to veer into oncoming traffic from the cross street missing another vehicle coming at me by a few seconds. Seems like the exact recall GM recalled in April 2014 except my power steering is hydraulic not electronic.

- Daly City, CA, USA

Mar 052014

Enclave 6-cyl

Steering locks up and low RPM, as if power steering "dies" and wheels are extremely hard to turn upon deceleration and/or low speed.

- Edina, MN, USA

Apr 012014

Enclave 6-cyl

At low speeds, the steering assist freezes the steering momentarily so that the driver loses control of the vehicle while driving. Steering fluid reservoir has been confirmed full, no leaks. Issue was intermittent, and now occurring more frequently.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jul 242014

Enclave 6-cyl

When driving at low speeds, the steering would lock up when turning. A test drive by my mechanic resulted in a new steering gear 36R0450. When I researched steering problems on the 2010 Buick Enclave, I found a lot of information about the steering problems on the 2010 Buick Enclave. My mechanic said this needed immediate repair because it was a safety item. I believe this needs to be a formal GM recall.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Jul 262014

Enclave 6-cyl

Our car has noisy power steering wheel, hard to turn. Went to dealer on 08/02/14 and was told that we need a new steering gear because of leaking and that will cost 2100. Our car only has 68,000 miles on it!!!. this is manufacturer defective and it is not covered by factory warranty. This is not cheap car, GM should know this issue and still make car for sale with cheap materials. We have no choice but will have to pay since this can cost death. We will not buy any american car from now on, try to support american auto industry but really? I decided to search on google and found out lots of complaint regarding power steering wheel 2010. We need help to get these recall and fix it!!! before multiple accidents this may cause.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Apr 072014

Enclave

Since the mileage on the car exceeded 60,000, the power steering gives out intermittently. It is most prevalent pulling into parking spaces or when changing from drive to reverse and at low speeds. It has given out at higher speeds on the highway when exiting the highway and when making moving turns. The power steering was replaced by the dealer on July 1 with 67,000 miles on the car, yet the problem is still present with no change at all in performance.

- Oxford, CT, USA

Jun 042014

Enclave 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that the steering wheel seized. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the steering pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 108,000. Updated 09/16/14 the consumer stated that it was very difficult to make turns at low speeds and difficult to park. Updated 1/15/15

- New Cumberland, PA, USA