2011 Buick Enclave body / paint NHTSA complaints: Structure

NHTSA — Structure Problems

9.3

2011 Buick Enclave body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Apr 122011

Enclave

I purchased a new Buick Enclave on or about 4 Feb. 2011, on or about 12 April 2011 I had the back window down without knowing it as I hit about 45 mph this horrible noise appeared in the car. I pulled off the road thinking that the engine blew up, but this was not the case. The sound came from having the back window down. I contacted the dealer about this and was told there was nothing that could be done about it. I later took decibel readings of this and they are at 94 db at 45 mph. As speed is increased the decibel readings also increased. I could only take the readings up to 60 mph as the decibel meter I had did not go above 120 db. This will cause hearing loss and possibly permanent hearing loss to small children and babies. This problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Also the whole car shakes and is very distracting to the driver. Status update. 08/30/11

- Wasilla, AK, USA