NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.4

2011 Buick Enclave brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Enclave

Takata recall had stop at a store got back in car put car in drive pull out car made like a door bell sound padlel to floor no speed car was not moving traction light came on stablebilty tractionl light park unable iighton eneingel light on did not go outin the first time in motiom on city street second time on highway turning06 T ta T

- Hopkinsville, KY, USA

Mar 012015

Enclave 6-cyl

While driving on the I495 beltway in md a warning chime sounded and the driver's display stated the " service traction control, service stabilitrak", then displayed "engine power reduced". this occurred while driving at 60mph in heavy traffic. Loss of power made it very difficult to maneuver the vehicle from the center highway lanes to the shoulder. Loss of power nearly caused an accident due to cars traveling at speed from behind. Wife and two young children in the car at the made situation extremely stressful!! followed instructions in driver's operating manual( turn off engine, wait 15 seconds and turn vehicle back on to reset system). This process worked but we had the repeat the process two more times during the 40+ mile drive home.

- Prince Frederick, MD, USA

Jan 092015

Enclave

December 2014 lift gate was up and suddenly came down and hit my wife with great force. This happened twice but not consistently. Subsequently was taken to a Chevrolet/GM dealership, found both struts not holding pressure and were replaced at owner's expense. On the morning of January 9,2015 driving during a snow storm on an interstate suddenly vehicle lost stabiltrab, traction control and engine power was reduced to 15 mph. Due to the weather traffic was going slower than normal. Car driven to a Chevrolet/GM dealer where the throttle body was replaced at owner's expense. On January 14, 2015 owner brought car to have power steering pump replaced due to GM September 2014 notice and owner informed that power steering rack was leaking. Although not replacing the power steering rack would lead to failure of the new power steering pump, this component was not covered. Owner paid a portion to have the rack replace. This repair required a front end alignment for which the owner paid for.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Apr 042014

Enclave 6-cyl

We were driving down the highway at 65 mph the stabilitrak / traction control light came on followed by an engine reduced power warning and the vehicle slows from 65 mph to 30 mph in about 3 seconds. The error message clears itself when the vehicle is turned off and left off for 1 to 5 minutes. The second time this happened we took it to the dealership and they reset the codes as a check engine light was also on. The check engine light came on again and the error message code indicated an idle problem. The dealer diagnosed and the tsb stated to relearn the idle which cost about $220. This problem occurred two more times with similar decelerations from 45+ to about 25 -30 mph in 3 seconds. The car forums on the internet for Chevy traverse, GMC acadia list many people with similar issues. Many have called GM and have been told that GM is not aware of this as a major problem. Some claim there was a private recall on the 2010 models.

- Landaff, NH, USA

Apr 162014

Enclave

On March 27 2014 my Buick Enclave gave me an error message on the dash while driving on the highway traction control off, stability transmission needs service, and reduced power came on.the car went from 60 mph to 50 mph suddenly but then cleared up.I took the car into the dealer to be serviced on 03/28/2014. The local dealer stated that they found the issue and corrected it.on April 16 2014 I had the same issue however the event was much worst. I was on the a major highway doing 65 mph. The car did not give me any indication of any isssue. The dashboard displayed traction control off, service traction, and service stabilitrak and very quick and suddenly I lost all power to the car while traveling down the highway at 65 mph. The speedometer stated I was still at 65 mph however the car was not traveling at 65. I tried pulling on my hazard lights but they did not work at the time. The power steeling on the vehicle did not work. The gas pedal did not excel the car. I was almost hit by a tractor trailor who was traveling behind me. I tried moving to the slow lane however the car had no power sterring but the engine was on and the gas pedal was to the floor but the car was not acceleration. I had no power in the car, I was able to get to a safe spot were I tried turning the car off and back on. That did not solve any issues except for the hazard lights. I was then able to put on my hazard lights. The car never gave me an error that I had reduced power. Everything occurred in about 2 minutes. I immediately contacted the dealer to have the car towed. I have major safety concerns about the 2011 Buick Enclaves!!!!! I am very lucky that I was not killed on hwy 540. I don't think my air bags would have deployed if I were hit by a tractor trailer or car. Nothing was working in the car. Please call me with any questions!!

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Nov 302013

Enclave

Driving on highway. Warning light for stabilitrack came on, then engine power reduced light. In seconds no power to vehicle. Could not accelerate at all and vehicle slowed on its own. Extremely dangerous in traffic when trying to pull over with no power. Manual says turn off car wait 15 seconds to correct problem. Assuming you don't get killed pulling over first, nice idea. Doesn't work. Had to stop vehicle more than ten times on way home due to same problem. Brought vehicle into dealer. Same problem persists.

- Chicago, IL, USA