2011 Buick Enclave brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Dec 172015

On three separate occasions in the past month my car lost power while I was driving. Fortunately, I was on city streets when this occurred and I was able to coast to the side of the road and restart the engine. I brought my car in to my Buick dealer after the 2nd occurrence and they could find nothing wrong with it. When it happened again last week I noticed that right before I lost power the small wallet that is part of my key chain had fallen from the top of the steering wheel (where I keep it so it doesn't hit my leg). Thinking it may have jerked the ignition slightly and that may have been part of the power issue, I googled "Buick Enclave ignition issues" when I returned home. Immediately all of the GM ignition problems of the past few years came up; including the frightening news that my car had the exact same ignition as the recalled cars but that GM believed something about the design of the Enclave (and other SUVS in its class) meant that the ignition was not a problem. I am here to tell you that it is, indeed, a problem. I brought my car back to the dealer on Monday and they again can "find nothing wrong with it." I have contacted GM and let them know I will not accept this vehicle until the ignition is replaced. No one should be driving this car. I shudder to think about the consequences if I had been driving my usual carpool of 5 12-year-old boys. Indeed, twice when I lost power I was in the car with my child. I am convinced this is a major problem and that everyone who owns one of these cars must be alerted to the possibiltiy of power loss.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 122014

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while having a routine maintenance, the dealer informed the contact that the rear brakes were worn out and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Bristolville, OH, USA

Jun 022014

When my Buick has been on incline in the drive or reverse gear, my Buick rolls backwards or forwards depending on the direction of the incline without stopping. It makes it necessary to hold the brake with one foot and accelerate with the other. The problem used to be a small roll back but has recently become to a point where the car doesn't stop rolling. This is extremely dangerous as it does not allow the driver to have control of the car. I'm extremely worried in residential areas with driveways on an incline as it will make it hard to stop the car if a kid is either in front or behind the car when this occurs.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Aug 272013

Enclave 6-cyl

When car is on a incline when you take your foot of brake it rolls backward, just purchase the car on 8/8/2013 took it back to dealer they say that's how it is, nothing wrong.(safety hazard??)

- Parma Hts, OH, USA