2011 Buick Enclave drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 072011

Buick Enclave 2011: The car rolls down uncontrollably on hills while in gear whether in drive or reverse, and is very hard to control. This also requires very quick movement from brake to accelerator. There is no "hill hold" feature and drivetrain provides no resistance. We deal with this problem every day while driving our driveway and into our garage. The minute we attempt to pull up to the garage, the car/SUV starts rolling backwards and you have to conduct a couple of quick steps to stop it. I imagine this causes wear and tear on the brakes and other parts of the vehicle. A service rep at the dealership said this was normal and told me about other manufacturers that have the same problem from GMC. I drive a second car and it never does this. I believe this is a Buick Enclave problem.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Oct 292010

The vehicle rolls back on any incline. There is no hand brake in the center console, and according to dot safety this is not legal. Most crossovers and or SUVS of this size roll back a few inches before the transmission pins engage and stop the roll back. I was told from GMC that the component was remove so that the transmission doesn't have to be serviced for 100000 miles. GMC told us the only thing they are willing to do is install and after-market hand control and will pay a percentage toward the cost. To me this sounds like a band-aid fix to a bigger problem.

- Hudson, MA, USA