2011 Buick Enclave electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Takata recall had stop at a store got back in car put car in drive pull out car made like a door bell sound padlel to floor no speed car was not moving traction light came on stablebilty tractionl light park unable iighton eneingel light on did not go outin the first time in motiom on city street second time on highway turning06 T ta T

- Hopkinsville, KY, USA

Apr 012016

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that the liftgate independently operated. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the liftgate switch was defective and needed to be replaced. Prior to the recall, the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure). The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,800.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Mar 152016

Another GM ignition switch issue. With key in ignition and vehicle not running, no chime when doors are opened. If key is removed from ignition and the driver door is opened, the radio will not turn off. Obviously, the car was parked and in park when this happened.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Nov 052015

My car would not start on it own. I got a boost and it started up. Went to auto store and turned the car off and removed the key but it kept running for a few minutes. The sales associated tested the battery and said it wasn't getting the proper crack amps. They did not have the battery that I needed in stock, I was able to make it home and turn off and restart the car until the next morning and the car would not start again and the key got stuck in the ignition. My husband purchased a battery from advance auto but he was still not sure that the battery was indeed the issue. Called and took the car superior motors dealership on November 5. we left the car for them to research the issue. We received a call notifying that there was a crack in the firewall that caused water to leak at the cowl area which shorted out the fuse block and corroded the connectors. My husband asked if we could get assistance with the repair because it was a defect in the product/workmanship and not something that we had control over. Superior motors informed us that we needed to reach out to General Motors directly in order to receive any type of assistance. We spoke to several customer service representative that took all of our information and assured us that the issue would be escalated and a call within 24 hours. In the meantime, we reached out to our auto insurance provider and they went out to the dealership. He notified my husband that a service bulletin has been issued in regards to the issue with our vehicle. I am disappointed because we were without transportation and had been promised several call backs. After numerous attempts of speaking with customer service agents we finally received a call back from a nicole on November 23, 2015 informing us that GM would not be assisting us. We were told by the dealership that we are lucky the car did not catch on fire.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Dec 272014

I walked out and tried to open my car with the remote and it did not work. So I used the key to get in it and tried to start it and nothing. Then I could not get the key out of it either. I was panicked I needed to get to work. My husband later jumped it and took the battery to get looked at. Nothing was wrong with the battery. I drove it a day later and my air conditioning was blowing heat on the drivers side and cold air on the passengers side. I just bought it in July with 28,999 miles on it. At 36,762 miles there should be no problems.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 292013

Enclave 6-cyl

My vehicle struck the back of a stopped semi at 25 mph. Had sever damage to hood, driver side headlight, fender, door, window, driver side windshield, front frame, wiper motor and front bumper. Only had ignition shut off airbag and on star was not notified. After two recalls for airbags one in June or July of 2013. I took the vehicle for the second recall later that day I was hit while making a right turn by a vehicle that ran a red. I was turning from a stop. No notification again.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Apr 232014

Enclave 6-cyl

Similar to the recently announced recall on 2014 Buick Enclaves for a faulty gas gauge, the same problem occurs on the 2011 model that I just purchased as well. I have owned the vehicle for 6 weeks and 3 times have experienced the gas gauge indicate an inaccurate amount of fuel. Twice after the vehicle was turned off and turned back on, the gauge reset to an accurate ready. However one after turning the vehicle off twice, the gas gauge did not was not until the following day that the gas gauge gave a accurate reading.

- Absecon, NJ, USA

Mar 142014

Upon ignition, the dash prompted "service air bags." After driving approximately a mile, it went off, then reappeared soon after. In light of reported fatalities due to airbag failure, General Motors must provide a manufacturer's recall.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jan 022013

Enclave 6-cyl

Our Buick Enclave 2011 had just started down the driveway when it got slightly stuck in a small amount of snow. The car was turned off and my husband went to get a shovel to release the snow by the wheel. When he turned around, black smoke was coming from the car! he immediately called the fire department. It only took a few seconds and flames burst from the car and it made popping noises. The engine of the car and the entire inside, (seats, steering wheel, glove compartment etc.) were completely destroyed. The fireman stated that it was an electrical fire. We purchased the car in October, 2010. We have now found similar fires on the internet but have not seen 2011. We feel this information should be made public and GMC must fix it before someone is seriously injured. My husband would have been driving down a steep hill and if the fire started there he would not have been able to get out!

- Brantingham, NY, USA

Jul 062011

Passenger side front window and door defective; sporadic and recurrent non-function; dealership will not repair because they cannot duplicate the problem. Safety issue; as driving and unable to reach passenger side, noticed door unlocked. Dealership said would cost 800-900 dollars to replace electrical harness and will not replace.

- Roseville, MI, USA