2011 Buick Enclave steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Enclave:

2011 Buick Enclave Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 162014

Enclave

On March 27 2014 my Buick Enclave gave me an error message on the dash while driving on the highway traction control off, stability transmission needs service, and reduced power came on.the car went from 60 mph to 50 mph suddenly but then cleared up.I took the car into the dealer to be serviced on 03/28/2014. The local dealer stated that they found the issue and corrected it.on April 16 2014 I had the same issue however the event was much worst. I was on the a major highway doing 65 mph. The car did not give me any indication of any isssue. The dashboard displayed traction control off, service traction, and service stabilitrak and very quick and suddenly I lost all power to the car while traveling down the highway at 65 mph. The speedometer stated I was still at 65 mph however the car was not traveling at 65. I tried pulling on my hazard lights but they did not work at the time. The power steeling on the vehicle did not work. The gas pedal did not excel the car. I was almost hit by a tractor trailor who was traveling behind me. I tried moving to the slow lane however the car had no power sterring but the engine was on and the gas pedal was to the floor but the car was not acceleration. I had no power in the car, I was able to get to a safe spot were I tried turning the car off and back on. That did not solve any issues except for the hazard lights. I was then able to put on my hazard lights. The car never gave me an error that I had reduced power. Everything occurred in about 2 minutes. I immediately contacted the dealer to have the car towed. I have major safety concerns about the 2011 Buick Enclaves!!!!! I am very lucky that I was not killed on hwy 540. I don't think my air bags would have deployed if I were hit by a tractor trailer or car. Nothing was working in the car. Please call me with any questions!!

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 012014

Enclave

Regarding 2011 Buick Enclave: Power steering rack is leaking and pump faulty requiring replacement. Only 53K on car; bought it brand new in 2011. Luckily I have extended warranty although dealer trying to argue their responsibility. This is very upsetting for several reasons: This a $45,000 car, I pointed this issue out 2 weeks prior during my regular oil change visit and was blown off until I pressed the matter, and I have seen several posts recently regarding this exact issue with this type vehicle. Additionally there is admitted fault by GMC regarding several mechanical issues related to power steering and as evidenced by multitude of recent recalls. I hate to say it but this is my first american car and likely my last. My 2004 Nissan with 180K miles runs great!!

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Mar 212014

Enclave

I began to make loud squeaking noises when making left and right turns. In addition, as time progressed I would feel pressure when turning the steering wheel. Due to fear of steering wheel not being able to turn, I took the vehicle to the dealership. The dealership said that the vehicle needed a new steering pump and rack. GM said they would not cover the entire cost. The total cost was $2600 and GM said it would only cover $1600. Owner feels GM should cover the entire cost since this is a safety issue and the car is only 2,000 miles over 50,000 mile warranty. This is not a usual wear and tear car issue.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Mar 262014

Enclave 6-cyl

Steering column was whining. Took it in and was told the steering gear was leaking and it would cost $1500 to repair. According to GM forums this is a very very common complaint that GM has done nothing about. Why is a recall not being instituted?

- Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 182014

Enclave 6-cyl

Reported issue to dealer of car making whining noise at low speeds. Dealer says I need a new power steering rack, hoses and possibly a new pump! the car is a is only a 2011 and very well maintained! spoke with GM - they contacted dealer wondering why no recall since every single forum I read has hundreds of people complaining about this same exact issue. I was furious that they refuse to acknowledge this as a problem. They say that there are not enough power steering noise problems reported to require them to issue a recall. They say that they are not responsible for this decision. It is a federal safety issue and that they issue recalls based on numbers, however, this has not happened often enough to issue a recall. They are offering me a "deal" to get the car fixed at my dealer. They will pay all but $500 toward the rack and labor. I need to cover the hoses and possibly the pump if it is bad. Also, if there is a recall in the future I will be reimbursed retroactively for my expenses. Isn't this an admission that there is a problem"?" I am so angry! my dealer, however sings a different tune from GM. Says that this problem exists quite frequently in the Enclave, acadia and the Chevy traverse...... I am not sure that I believe or trust anything they have to say! I have a 2011 Enclave (which I absolutely loved up until now!) with 60K on it. Now out of warranty - eventually this will have to be fixed - leaving a very large dent in my pocket and a hole in my heart because I really thought I would have this car for a long time. However, once it is paid off I am dumping it. No more Buick or GM cars for me. Not ever! I really wish that someone would begin investigating GM and this issue. It is a huge safety concern, not to mention a very expensive fix. Please contact me to discuss and let me know what concerned folks such as myself can do to deal with this! thank you!!!!!

- Katonah, NY, USA

Nov 092013

Enclave 6-cyl

Driving off of a highway. Sudden engine seize steering lock and zero power. Car rolled to a complete stop. Luckily we were in a turning lane and were able to roll into a safe waiting area. No one in the vehicle were injured bodily yet the mental anguish and fear was unbearable. Had this happened on the highway five minutes earlier, with the heavy traffic, I am sure there would have been much more serious outcome. The car has since been serviced. Replaced were a broken engine belt., and bad tensioner. What I don't understand is how a 3 year old car could fail so terribly. I am now petrified to drive my Enclave for fear of other faulty parts. Service was performed at ferman GMC on November 11, 2013 in lutz Florida. This was their first encounter with such a problem. Very scary experience for all involved. Every time I see a buck I recall that night in my mind. I still have not driven the car since it has been repaired and home. Not sure I can ever trust this brand again. I was told a faulty tensioner caused the engine belt to snap. Horrible.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA