2.7

2012 Buick Enclave electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Buick Enclave:

2012 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Jul 062016

Enclave

The switch that turns off the radio. When you open the drivers door does not work. Most of the time; without a lot jiggling.

- Pounx, WI, USA

Jul 052016

Enclave

After a battery was replaced 15 sensor circuit alarms appear, all due to loss of voltage, upon driving all but 2 resolved. The 2 remaining are the issue. They were the HVAC door actuator & heater/ac door motor. Both need to be replaced. Dealer would not reimburse me,

- St Charles, MO, USA

Jul 042015

Enclave

6/30-GM sam swope tim calls and said car making loud noise and they don't know why? 7/2 Thursday night pickup car after they replaced timing chain and water pump. 7/4-Saturday arrive in Florida, car won't start. 7/6-Monday car towed to sam taylor dealership in ft. Walton. They found starter engaging while car was running making loud noise. 7/10-Friday night and car still not ready after a week. Starter and ECM replaced and all wires on engine harness spliced(73 per work receipt). 7/27-viewed car with trace starr, sam swope service mgr, and showed him where all wires spliced and mentioned starter engaging and I'm concerned about possible flywheel damage, he said his transmission guy could not hear anything wrong so it's okay and splicing all the wires is considered okay repair. During this time I approached a GM service mgr in a city an hour away and he said absolutely not on the splicing and harness should be replaced. Had not choice but to drive it and it was running okay with an occasional odd occurrence like ac whistling(videotaped). 12/29-brought in for recall, back left window not working, and stabilitrac and traction control warning with check engine light. Sam swope reflashed the ECM. 1/6/16-car stalled and quit with "service engine soon" check engine light. Took to sam swope(now courtesy Buick) and they replaced fuel pump. 3/12/16-my wife was driving straight on dry pavement at 20mph and car stalled hard but did not quit and the traction control check engine light came on. 3/17/16-courtesy Buick "replaced cylinder 4 coil and plug coil failed". I was told coil replaced, car has not acted up again. 3/23-GM called me today asking if I was satisfied and I repeated that the repair was incorrect in Florida, they asked for the GM service mgr nearby that told me it was not correct and I would not give them his name.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jan 062015

Enclave

The contact owns a 2012 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Milford, MI, USA

Jul 162014

Enclave 6-cyl

The dashboard lights failed to come on or just go off while the vehicle is in motion. This has happened numerous times. This makes it impossible to see speedometer, etc. After a period of time, they come on. It may happen at any time from the time the car is started to driving speeds.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Mar 262014

Enclave 6-cyl

Twice in the last 30 days our Enclave was showing low on gas (usually not an issue) but both times the car sputtered to a stop. Once it quit I lost all power steering and braking. Even after I put gas in the car, the key would not move so I was unable to start the car without a jump. Car was towed to dealership. They were unable to recreate the issue although they were unable to explain why the key would lock up in the ignition. According to Buick everything checked out fine. Based on what we are hearing on the news, this issue seems very similar to the cobalt issue. Thank you.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Mar 192014

Enclave

My car has had to be towed twice due to failure to start. It will crank then the engine light will come on and will not crank anymore. Has been at shop two times each time a week with no answer to why.

- Belington, WV, USA

Mar 112014

Enclave 6-cyl

Hello, problem: Front passenger side seat belt alarms with less than 5 pounds of weight on the seat. Facts: I own a 2012 Buick Enclave. I had a service clinic appointment with sterling mccall Buick at the sw freeway in houston, Texas. A few days before the appointment the seat belt alarm would ding when my purse and ipad was on the seat. I weighed the items they weigh 4.8 pounds. This is the second time I have had this issue. They replaced the module about 45 days ago. Outcome: I was forwarded GM service notice document id 31202743/#08-09-41-0071. I could not believe this notice. I am not to put any electronic devices or large drinks in the front of the car. Really? there is a usb in the dash compartment of the SUV (without a notch for the cord - rolling my eyes) and GM thinks there will not be an electronic device in the front seat" and a large drink? I really don't get the large drink thing. That is hilarious. My dealership gave me a seat belt extender to keep the thing from dinging constantly. Opinion: I think the module under seat is so frequently defective that GM has written this notice to unburdened the corporation of further warranty work. They can't put a piece of aluminum foil under the seat to shield this module from interference? of course I don't know how you could shield it from the large drink threat, bounty paper towels? my concern is if there is an electronic device in the pocket or lap or at the feet of a passenger will the air bags deploy"

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 022013

Enclave

The contact owns a 2012 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the turn signals failed to emit a clicking noise when engaged. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer twice where the radio and instrument panel were replaced at different times. The failure persisted after each repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 8,000.

- Suwanee, GA, USA