NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Buick LaCrosse (Page 4 of 4)

2.5

2005 Buick LaCrosse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Buick LaCrosse:

2005 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 012008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Low beams intermittently fail at night, then self-restore within a few minutes. High beams work. Already changed the signal arm switch, the headlamp in-dash switch, the relay in the fusebox, both headlamp assemblies. Homestead Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer and various "smart" mechanic shops seem to be outwitted by this one.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Sep 152010

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact was driving 45 mph with the headlights activated when the headlights began to fail intermittently. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Dec 242010

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. While driving approximately 65 mph at night, the contact realized he could not see. The headlights were automatic and had apparently turned off after he had been driving approximately three hours that night. The contact had to use the highbeams to reach his destination. The contact called the dealer who stated that there were no related recalls. The failure had been occurring since December 2010. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired. The failure mileage was 140,000 and the current mileage was 146,000.

- East Point, GA, USA

Jan 012011

LaCrosse

3 times in past month low beams headlights went off for 1-2 minutes and then came back on. High beams work.

- Flint, MI, USA

Dec 202010

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Low beam headlights have spontaneously failed on several occasions while driving. The problem wasn't first noticed until leaving a well lighted thoroughfare onto an unlighted side street. High beams continued to work, but low beams could not be turned back on. The next day, low beams seemed to work without any problem, but then went off unexpectedly again for no apparent reason. Had to drive home with high beams for the duration of the trip.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Oct 102010

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. While driving 35 mph, the low beam headlights would turn on and off; the contact had to stop the vehicle and turn the lights off and back on for them to work. The contact called the manufacturer who stated that there were no recalls. The failure mileage was approximately 44,800.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 042010

LaCrosse

I was driving to work in the dark and my headlights went out. This has happened 3 different times. The first 2 times my headlights came back on after a few minutes the 3rd time I had to use my flasher to make it into town. I have the car the shop and they can't find what is wrong with it. They said they have had the car running 2 different times and it has not happened to them.

- Dallas, IA, USA

Dec 152008

LaCrosse

Driving home at night, the headlights of the car suddenly went out. I remembered reading that this has happened with some one else with the same model car. I turned the high beams on and they worked. The incident has not re-occurred.

- Piedmont, SC, USA

Aug 212008

LaCrosse

While driving home at night on the highway my headlights went out I tried turning them off and then back on nothing happened so I drove home using my flashers so no one would hit me. Took into the dealer and they checked the car out and the headlights were now working they told me they would not be able to do anything unless it happens when they have it in the repair shop. They stated it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Great response. Since then it has happened three more times the most recent was yesterday. I am able to put my high beams on but while driving it's scary because I am constantly being flashed by cars due to the use of them. My job is 35 min away from home and there are three nights per week that I drive home in the evening and my driving is on the highway which is a major interstate. I'm waiting for the police to pull me over one time for using them. I am contacting the dealership again tomorrow which is Dec 15, 2008.

- Delran, NJ, USA

Aug 232008

LaCrosse

While driving at night. 40 mph the headlights while on low beam went out. No parking lights, no low beams. Upon getting to the side of the road we discovered that the high-beams still worked. The first time a 12,000 miles it never did it again until last night at 48,000 miles. Again no lows or parking but high beams got us home the next morning all was working.

- Sparta, NJ, USA