NHTSA — Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Rear Window Problems

2006 Buick LaCrosse accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Buick LaCrosse:

2006 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Apr 242010

About 8:30 pm, I was driving on the highway with my infant daughter, who was in a front facing carseat, my son, and my husband were passengers. It was raining outside and the windows started fogging. I turned on the rear defroster and about 30 seconds later, there was a loud bang! I thought someone threw something at my car or shot out the window. There is a block of window where the defroster is smashed out and the rest of the window was shattered!! it is evident that the rear defroster caused the window to shatter. I have contacted Buick and found that there is only a 36,000 or 4 year bumper to bumper limited warranty. My car is a 2006 Buick Lacrosse with over 100,000 miles. I am outraged that this happened. There are no warning signs, no smells, no nothing to warn you that something like this could happen. If I wasn't alert, I could have crashed into a vehicle on the side of me. Thank god my baby wasn't in a rear facing carseat preventing glass from injuring her or my son. Now I have a shattered rear window on my only vehicle. I haven't full coverage insurance nor the money to replace the window. I would like to know if any other Buick have this problem and why I wouldn't be notified of this terrifying problem.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Feb 222008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Buick Lacrosse. After a freezing rain and snow storm, the contact's wife activated the rear window defroster. The defroster malfunctioned and failed to defrost the window. She was unable to see through her rear window. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times and they stated that the failure was due to a faulty connection. The failure has occurred ever since the vehicle was purchased. The current mileage was 34,000 and the failure mileage was unknown. Updated 03/11/08.

- Bloomsburry, NJ, USA