NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.3

2010 Buick LaCrosse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick LaCrosse:

2010 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Sep 012012

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. While driving various speeds, the brake and stabilitrak warning indicators illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician recommended that the vehicle be restarted when the warning indicators illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the service stabilitrak needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred months later. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Davenport, OK, USA

Feb 012016

LaCrosse

Takata recall purchased used in May 2015 with approx. 45K miles. Since I have purchased the car, I took it to a dealership in kokomo in to have it looked at for the park assist. What happens is when I am driving down the highway, usually with the cruise control on, going 60+ down the highway, the park assist comes on, all the lights on the dashboard flash and all the sounds go off in the car immediately disabling the car. At that point, the car disables itself and you cannot push the accelerator, making it difficult to get off the highway. You have to immediately pull off the highway and turn the car off. After waiting a few minutes, you can start the car up and the engine light will be displayed. The engine light will stay on until the next time you start the car and then goes off. Over the last year, I have had this happen approximately 20 times. The dealership in kokomo couldn't find anything wrong with it and they stated they cannot try to find something wrong with the car if it isn't happening when I bring in the car. I moved to Tennessee the first of January 2016. It has happened to me since living here again so I took the car into parks auto service in columbia tn. After having my car for 2 1/2 weeks, they are unable to find out what is wrong with it. I have been very fortunate thus far to not get into a bad wreck losing my life or crashing into someone else and killing them. At some point, this will cause a major wreck and lives could possibly be lost or someone could possibly be disabled the rest of my life. At what point does this have to happen before Buick will find an answer for this? I need help on this as there are no mechanics that can resolve this issue.

- Spring Hill, TN, USA

Mar 182016

LaCrosse

Three days ago, while on a trip from the West coast of Florida to the East coast of Florida; and while driving on the highway at 65 mph, the warning bells started dinging and the messages: Service stabilitrak, ABS, and park assist off kept flashing off and on; the car began jerking and losing engine power; the tachometer, speedometer, and temperature gauges were jumping around all over the place; and the check engine light came on. (a video of what occurred was taken to show as proof). I managed to pull off the side of the road, turned the car off and sat for several minutes, then started the car again. Less than a minute after I got back on the highway, the same events occurred again. After at least 30 minutes or more of the car continuing to malfunction while driving; it suddenly stopped giving me warning signals and engine power seemed to stabilize; however, the check engine light remained on. Once I reached my destination, I didn't use the car for two days. My return trip home, which was approximately 140 miles, was uneventful; however, the very next morning on my way to work, while sitting in traffic on the expressway, the warning bells suddenly started ringing again, and the service stabilitrak and ABS lights came on. Fortunately I was able to make it to work and called the Buick dealer to bring my car in to have it checked. In the past few months, this problem has occurred 3 to 4 times, but each time only lasted moments and never to the extreme that it did. I received a letter from Buick about 3 months ago that pertained to such issues and loss of engine power; and the letter stated that the car should be taken to the Buick dealer and repaired at no cost. This is an extremely dangerous problem that needs to be addressed and resolved immediately.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Nov 152014

LaCrosse

Approximately two months after purchasing a Buick Lacrosse I started to experience the vehicle shutting down when the car was parked or idle. Shortly after the check engine light came on. I then took the vehicle to the dealer and they claim they could not find anything wrong with it. I decided to get a second opinion so I took the vehicle to another certied repair shop and they suggested that I get and upper engine flush. Supposedly because this type of vehicle is known for massive amounts of carbon build up. So, I got the upper engine flush on my vehicle but the very next day the check engine light came on again. The. Machanic advised me that it would take more than one engine flush to fix the problem. So after not two but three upper engine flushes the problem of having the check engine light intermittently display is not resolved. No one can seem to find a diagnosis for my vehicle problems not even the dealer. Most recently, the dash board display light periodically goes out, and an unfamiliar noise is coming from the driver's front tire. Once again, I have taken my vehicle to a certified machanic and the issue is not detectable.

- Madison, IL, USA

Jun 152015

LaCrosse

While driving the brake will suddenly grip tire, and the traction control light will come on. This happens on dry roads. The car was taken to winner Chevrolet who thought they fixed it, as soon as I left the dealer it did it again. After 7 days of trying to figure out the problem I was told to take it to a Buick dealer. Reliable Buick of roseville had the car for 9 days, they were consulting with Buick techs, thought they finally fixed it, brought it home yesterday and it just did it again. I've noticed a lot of people are having this problem and also there are recalls on 2012 Buick Lacrosse for this. Recall #11222. Something needs to be done before someone gets in an accident.

- Grass Valley, CA, USA

Mar 252015

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Took my car in for regular service, my wife drove it home, the car died after 8 miles. She slowed for stop light, car suddenly died. Electrical system went crazy, car lost power, died. I backtracked to help, . I tried starting the car but didn't have any compression. I called dealer, they sent toll truck. According to them, they checked it, drove it a few times, said couldn't find anything wrong, called GM for help. The dealer's service rep said GM told them heard of similar incidents in Lacrosse. GM recommended they apply lubricant cables connecting to ECM. Did so. Had 3 people test drive car, said operating fine. Received call from dealer stating problem corrected, car good to go. Picked up car in company mechanic friend. Rep explained what they did, checked all electrical circuits, breakers, connections, etc and everything appeared to be working fine. Told him that my wife didn't feel safe driving the car now because of incident and he said car should be fine for at least 5 years. I asked what if fix ididn't work? he said that it would probably require a new ECM. Well, car died again yesterday, April 4, about 1:30 pm while driving with my wife to our son's house. Was going about 40 miles/hr after exiting highway, car starting stalling, jerking and all of the console lights were going crazy. Check engine light went on, a service stability track warning and the key symbol appeared on center console, it died completely. Tried restarting it but it wouldn't. waited for traffic to pass, then I rolled car backwards toward the curb to get out of traffic lanes. I waited a few minutes and then started the cart again. I went a few hundred feet, then it died again. I did this 3 more times until getting to my son's house where I was able to park it. I called the dealership about 20 minutes later, the service department had already closed.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Nov 112014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I had just left the highway and was coasting around 35 mph when my check engine light came on and my parking assist light flashed and the car slowed to almost a complete stop. I was able to pull to the side and restart it. I attempted to bring it in to 2 different dealerships but I was told they were booked solid (stationed in Hawaii). Apparently it was not a big enough deal for them to take a look before next week. I have read so many complaints about the same thing, why isn't a recall out yet" someone could die. What does it take to get a lawsuit going"

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Jun 182013

LaCrosse

The first time I took car in a soechting motors Buick dealer for stabilitrac came up and then the check engine light came on. The replaced lt ft speed sensor and told me that they could not fine why the engine light was on. Last week I'm getting same problem with the stabilitrac and yellow/orange slippery light came on.

- Seguin, TX, USA

Feb 212014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

ABS braking and stabilitrac service lights came on and both systems failed on ice covered road. Vehicle slid off road into snow pile. No injuries or damage.

- Novi, MI, USA

Jan 132014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Service stability light comes on. Car made a slight grinding noise when turning right seconds before warning light came on this has happened more than one time. Service stability warning stays on until car is turned off. Talked with service manager at dealership. He says it could be a number of things. I am unsure if it is safe to continue to drive car.

- Alamo, TX, USA

Jul 152013

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the stability warning light illuminated. The vehicle began to shake violently and the vehicle decelerated independently. The contact powered off the engine and once restarted, the vehicle operated normally for approximately 5 miles before the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis where the contact was informed that a harness and sensor would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but before the contact left the dealer, the failure recurred. The dealer then stated that a module would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 87,000.

- Ahoskie, NC, USA

Jul 152013

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the stability control warning light illuminated and the vehicle would not accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the stability control sensor would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The technician then stated that the stability control module would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Ahoskie, NC, USA

May 312012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I was driving on a two-lane country road. To avoid a dead animal in the road (possibly woodchuck), I swerved hard left at which time the vehicle began to shake violently, so much so I thought it would roll over. The car bounces at every little bump, pulls sharply right when braking, wobbles at the slightest excuse, and is very unstable. There is a kerplunk noise at the smallest road indentation (which may be because an odd tire was put on the car). It is very hard to see vehicles passing on the right because of the large headrests, huge mirror and post between doors. Not a safe car! please avoid this car.

- Wellsville, NY, USA