2010 Buick LaCrosse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick LaCrosse:

2010 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 112011

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. While driving approximately 65 mph the vehicle suddenly decelerated and all of the warning lights on the instrument panel began flashing erratically. The door locks also began to lock and unlock rapidly; however, the vehicle began to function normally on its own. The vehicle was taken to the dealer previously for diagnostic testing because it would not start and the body module was replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 23,000. Updated 09/21/2011

- Moscow, PA, USA

Jan 252011

There are blind spots on right and left windshield. Also when the temperature is below freezing the heated mirrors and rear windshield do not defrost until the vehicle is totally warm and driven 50km.

- Ontario, 00, USA

Jul 092010

The battery goes dead. When it was taken to the dealer, we were told that we did not drive enough. The second incident occurred in 12/2010. This time there were 21 low voltage hits when the dealership was troubleshooting. I also submitted a complaint to GM. It appears that their solution is to place a trickle charge on the battery to ensure the battery is at full capacity. I am in the process of purchasing a solar powered battery charge at this time. In order for my wife to drive this vehicle, she will always have to deal with the charger. To have this problem on a state of the art automobile is extremely frustrating.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 092010

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns 2010 Buick Lacrosse. When the contact drove in reverse he noticed that the back up sensor indicator was a defective. The reverse sensor indicator should recognize any object 10 inches high, 12 feet or 21 inches high. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who stated that they couldn't adjust the sensor because it was factory set. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was operating according to the design. The contact stated that the system was defective and gave a false sense of security. The failure mileage was 2,000 and the current mileage was 2,200. Updated 12/22/10 the back up sensors were not detecting objects. Updated 12/30/10

- Ionia, MI, USA

Aug 122010

I was driving the 2010 Buick Lacrosse in rush hour on a very busy street in our town and while stopped an electrical malfunction occurred where all of the dash board lights and warning lights started flashing and the car would not move. I put it in park and then it would not come out of park and went into anti theft lock down. I made several attempts to turn off the car and restart it to try and reset of clear the issue and it remained locked down and not able to move. It was very strange how the key in the ignition was vibrating and buzzing at a high frequency and they would stop. After a few minutes the engine shut down. Now stuck in the middle of the busy road and cars nearly rear ending me and honking at me I thought I would be hit. My son was in the car and I had to wait for the light change to let him flee to safety. Worse yes the safety flashers would not work and the trunk would not open to signal a stalled car. I called on star and they were not helpful as I indicated it was an emergency and they sent a tow truck that arrived an hour later. The police showed up 20 minutes later to protect me and the car from accident. The police called a tow truck that arrived in 15 minutes. The car was towed to the dealer and they are being generally non responsive. I had this problem a few weeks before not in traffic and took into the dealer and they said there did not find an error code. This is a complete random failure and represents a serious safety issue.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jul 082010

Was driving down the interstate and everything in the dash flashed like when you first start the car. I didn't want to take my eyes off the road, but I think even the speed dial went down and up, again like when the car starts up. Then the little information window in front of the steering wheel window flashed several things including "three keys programmed" and then it stayed on "tire monitor on" or something like that. It had previously been on the mph setting, so I had to roll it back to the mph setting. The car itself drove fine, but I was scared it would do something bizarre and I was in heavy traffic. It was like it rebooted itself.

- Rolla, MO, USA