3.0

2011 Buick LaCrosse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick LaCrosse:

2011 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Oct 262016

LaCrosse

2011 Buick Lacrosse (60,000 miles - properly maintained by 73 year old man) broke down on interstate hwy. While vacationing in knoxville, tn - Buick begins to stall and the engine light came on (was flickering and no acceleration). We stopped immediately at a gas station and called aaa - who towed us to a certified aaa repair/tow company. We initially suspected it would be the fuel pump or filter. Mechanic in knoxville who is a ase certified mechanic for 40 years said it wasn't the fuel pump so he put his diagnostic tester and determined there were more problems and started to take apart the engine....and found the main valves were broken and fell into the pistons. Engine failure and he said in his 40 years this had happened only 3 times but not on a 2011 car with only 60,000 miles. He said if we would have continued driving, the whole engine would have blown up. Called the local Buick dealership and found out no recall, nor did we have the extended warranty (a big mistake - and we loved the Lacrosse thinking it would last a long time). Looked up blue book value - worth $11,000 (with running engine) and a new engine would be approx. $8,000 and would take a week to replace. Sold the car to the mechanic in knoxville, tn) and purchased a new Toyota avalon in knoxville. Very very disappointed in G.M.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Jul 012014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the vehicle would lose power and the engine losing power warning message illuminated. On another occasion, the contact stated that while driving at 25 mph, the vehicle start to lose power. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was towed to the contacts residence. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jan 282015

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while the vehicle was at the dealer for a non-related issue, the technician stated that unknown wires were burned under the hood. It was visible that a fire occurred under the hood. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- North Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 062014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The battery was recharged and later replaced. In addition, the contact stated that when approaching traffic the vehicle stalled without warning. The instrument panel displayed several warning messages before the vehicle restarted but the failure occurred twice. The dealer was not able to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,178. Pam

- Chesterfield , MO, USA

Jun 202013

LaCrosse

When driving over a bump or turning car will sometimes shut off and the steering will lock up.

- Houston , TX, USA

Mar 132012

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while parked he attempted to start the vehicle but the ignition failed to start. The vehicle was towed to a dealer who unable to diagnosed the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000 and the current failure mileage was 30,000. The VIN number was unavailable.

- Fairfield, CT, USA

Sep 042012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

When turning left at a traffic light, my car lost power and I wasn't sure I was going to make it around the corner. After a few seconds my car regained power. 45 minutes later, I made a right turn into heavy traffic and then felt a sudden lurch. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw that my trunk had popped open. I managed to get off the highway, parked the car and turned off the ignition. I got out, closed the trunk, got back in the car, and fastened my seatbelt. Before I could close the door, the trunk popped open again. This occurred three times before the trunk finally stayed closed. A few minutes later, I parked the car, opened the door, started to get out and the warning chime sounded. I got back in and saw that the on the console shift lever that indicates your car is in park was lit up even though the car was turned off. In order to get the light to go off, I had to restart my car and then turn it off again. Next I pushed the onstar phone button and asked to call my home. I got a busy signal. I called a second time and my husband at the number I was calling, heard me telling onstar call my homeŁ but I couldn't hear him trying to talk to me. All of these things happened within 1 1/2 hours. The next day, I found that I could not lock the door by touching the lock spot on the outside door handle. Then I could not unlock the car door by pulling on the door handle when the key was in my pocket. I have had the car for 1 year and eight months and the driver's memory seat has often lost its memory. Sometimes just one button but most of the time both buttons. Prior to this I had been having trouble with my trunk. I'd leave my car parked in a public parking lot and come out to find my trunk wide open. On May 3rd the GM dealer replaced a part hoping to fix this problem.

- Pigeon, MI, USA