2.0

1998 Buick LeSabre engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick LeSabre:

1998 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Aug 092013

LeSabre 6-cyl

I came home after bible study on Wednesday night and got up Thursday then the security light went blinking. My husband had the key ignition replace then brought new key but car still wouldn't start so had the car towed and repaired. 10 months and three weeks the car did the same but I was driving this time and it shut down in the road with me and my children. It was frighten but we made it safely out of the road before anything happen. I don't understand that this problem occurred again. I am upset about the problem. A car has no business shutting off in the road while a person is driving it accident or no accident because it in danger peoples life. A serious problem for many people whom have these cars made by GM.

- Tallassee, AL, USA

Jun 122013

LeSabre 6-cyl

The first incident of the vehicle cutting off was at a stop light. The vehicle just cut off. The vehicle had to be put in park and the ignition was switched off and turned back on. The vehicle turned back on. The second incident occurred while driving at "45 mph". the vehicle cut off and had no power steering. The vehicle was able to coast to the side of the road and then put in park. The vehicle turned back on with the ignition key. The second incident occurred while driving at "55 mph". the vehicle cut off and had no power steering. The vehicle was able to coast to the side of the road and then put in park. The vehicle turned back on with the ignition key.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 072012

LeSabre 6-cyl

The vehicle acted like it had a miss, the service engine light came on, flashing, then stopped flashing but remained on. I drove vehicle home, and the next morning it would not start. I had it towed to a shop and the mechanic said that it had hydro locked due to coolant dripping on the piston from a coolant leak at the intake manifold. This is not a cheap repair.

- Friendship, AR, USA

Jul 132012

LeSabre 6-cyl

1998 Buick - Lesabre, the intake plenum had a hole in it because it got to hot, and antifreeze went into the block. Buick has had this engineering problem for a long time. No recall, it cost me $785.76 to have fixed. I want my money back. This is bs. There are 1000S of people that have this car. I have 61502 miles on this car. My mechanic said he has fixed atleast 30 over these problems with the Buick-Lesabre 1992 and up. Times are hard right now, I don't have his kind of money. I just don't want anyone else to come across this problem, with this engineering problem. Buick needs to call a recall on this problem before someone really gets hurt. Lets help each other out, and call every news station, paper. And get it resolved.

- Clearwater, FL, USA