9.0

2. replace gas module in gas tank (1 reports)
2000 Buick LeSabre fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick LeSabre:

2000 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Dec 172010

LeSabre Limited

The car stalled a few times. A jump-start fixed the problem. I believe the parking lights were stuck on, draining the battery (separate problem I've seen reported). I replaced the battery and the car stalled again. A jump start got me back home (about 7 miles) and to the shop. They had my car for three days and brought it back with a new battery. I drove it all day shopping (about 40 miles away) and when I got back home, it stalled; but it started again. The next day, I got a mile out of town and it stalled - brakes went out and everything! The shop had to tow it back to town and they've had it for nearly 2 weeks! I had to borrow a truck for awhile and now I'm driving a rear-wheel drive in the snow! Yuck! The shop folks say they can't figure out what's wrong with it. The gas gauge isn't working either - so it may be the module in the gas tank; but apparently nobody knows. I wonder when I'll get my car back and how much the "diagnosis" is going to cost me!

- , Akron, IA, USA

Mar 302010

LeSabre Limited V6

When you're driving along with cars behind you and your car just suddenly dies, it could have caused an accident. My car stopped like this 3 times then the "service engine soon" light came on and stayed on. The day I go to get it fixed the "service engine soon" light didn't come on. The mechanics told me there was a module in the gas tank that malfunctioning. That's why I never knew how much gas I had in the tank. I couldn't trust the gauge. It always said "FULL". But when the car would stop, it would show the battery as the problem. I just got a new battery so I couldn't imagine what it could be. I never heard of a gas tank module that reports on the dashboard gauge how much gas you have. I hope they were being honest with me. Females always get charged higher prices or fix things that don't need to be fixed because we don't know anything about cars. So I spent $320 on the part and $45 on the labor. It better work when I get it back. It's in the shop now.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA