Power Window Stopped Working

2000 Buick LeSabre (Page 2 of 3)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.

7.5

1. replace window regulator (29 reports)
  3. replaced with an aftermarket regulator (4 reports)
  4. disconnected the window lift in up position (1 reports)
  5. remove power track assembly, install 2x4 to hold up window (1 reports)
  6. replace mechanism (1 reports)
2000 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick LeSabre:

2000 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 012011

LeSabre 3.8L

Bought a Buick LeSabre 2000,5 hours later ,rolled down the window twice and it stopped working.called Buick they said it can only be fixed by a GM dealer .if it proves to be a mechanical defect they will assist me some how.if not I have to pay.it costs 350.00.I cant afford to keep replacing these windows,I hear it keeps happening. why isn't there a RECALL.Call Buick and Complain!!!.No one should have to pay that much per window.for a reoccurring problem.

- , Skowhegan, ME, USA

May 032005

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

This car is a great car and all except for the fact that it doesn't last. CAR just goes bad after 50k all these different problems occurred (brakes, gas pump, electrical problems, windows won't come down, radiator, water pump, air pump, transmission...) costs a lot of money to maintain; $4,000 to date.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 112011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

I bought this car on October 8th 2011, and successively both rear passenger power windows, stopped working definitely, and front passenger window failed but started to work back again. For how long ? I don't know. I fell at looking at the problem that it could come from the car's sometimes erratic computer. I really don't know what to do... it seems to be a major and expensive problem with no recall from GM.... Shame on GM

- , Jonquière, QUÉBEC, canada

May 062011

LeSabre 3.8L V6

Rear driver window regulator went out. Rear passenger one was not working when orginally purchased used, but they replaced it free as part of sale agreement. Seems a common problem in this make & model though. I found do-it-yourself instructions for replacement at: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-391312.html

Also found a very inexpensive replacement part w/ one year gaurantee at www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/?N=0&uts=true&events=search&Ntt=2000+buick+lesabre+power+window+regulator

Regardless, it's a pain in the butt and I agree with others who say Buick needs to issue a recall or offer a reimbursement of some kind given the high frequency of this problem.

- , Altoona, PA, USA

Mar 202004

LeSabre LS 3.8L

All 4 window regulators in car went bad over a period of about 3 years. Then I started replacing them for a second time. I would never own another buick. Should have been a recall or a class action lawsuit. Come on attorneys get busy. The window regulators cost about $140 each and you can put them in yourself.

- , Centralia, MO, USA

Jun 082010

LeSabre 3.8 V6

American car no good that's why most people.buy Japanese car no problem.

- , Vannuys, CA, USA

Dec 202010

LeSabre

This is the 8th (yes eighth) window to be replaced in this 2000 Buick LeSabre. I bought this car five years ago and my sister bought it new in 2000. A few years after she bought it (NEW) she had to replace 3 windows. Two years after purchasing the car from my sister, 2007, the two front windows and one rear window went out. Six months ago this year (2010) the front passenger window went out AGAIN and on the 20th of this month (DEC) the driver's window went out during a bad rain storm. I am into repairing this STUPID car for $2500.00. They have tried GM regulators and after-market regulator and ALL have failed miserably. They said it was from the heat. Well, it's the MIDDLE of FREAKIN winter now, so what's their excuse??? I will NEVER EVER buy a Buick again!!!!! I will never own a Buick even if someone gives me one!!!!!!!!

- , Madera, CA, USA

Aug 022010

LeSabre

This happened in the middle of a rainstorm. And the cost is unreal! I cannot believe that Buick has had all this problems and they won't fix it

- , Galena, KS, USA

Jun 092009

LeSabre

It started with the drivers side window. Had to replace the armature for $250 plus cost for mechanic. Then the rear driver side went out about 5 months later and now in the past month the passengers side front seat had stopped working! Do you think we have a problem GM??????????

- , Burlinton, WV, USA

Sep 012010

LeSabre V6

This was my 2nd rear window and it reminded me of my 1986 Buck power Steering problems. This was discussed before they fixed the window and perhaps that is the reason they gave me their measly price reduction.

I think these types of mickey mouse problems are deliberate because selling parts is big business.

- , Worthington, OH, USA

Jul 212010

LeSabre

As of today, 7/20/2010, three of the power windows in my car suddenly stopped working. I have seen numerous complaints about this online, but Buick has ignored every one of them and chosen not to issue a recall. Its bullshit that I have to spend alot of money to correct a defect that is obviously Buick's fault. I will NEVER EVER own another Buick again nor will anyone in my family.

- , River Edge, NJ, USA

Mar 262003

LeSabre ES

This was the first of several window regulator replacements.

Dec 222003

LeSabre ES

It was cold when we experienced our second power window failure and it took a couple of days to get the part in and get it fixed. Thank goodness for extended warranty! This one paid its cost off completely.

Nov 172005

LeSabre ES

This was the second time the driver's window regulator had to be replaced. I've lost count, but I think it was the fifth regulator on this vehicle. I told them I wanted them to keep the old unit for me. It turns out that the problem is the cheapest part of the whole deal. They use a 1/16" steel cable with a "windlass" type device on the motor and the cable goes over a pulley with the free end tied to the bottom of the glass. The end of that cable had rusted off, letting the ball at the end come off. The dealers insist that the cable isn't available separately. I have a nephew who is a Chevy mechanic and he said that's the truth, but they now use an improved design.

Sep 072009

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

Both rear windows failed. When I learned that it would cost $420.00 each, I just disconnected the lift wire and locked the windows in the up position.

- , Dublin, CA, USA

Jan 042010

LeSabre Limited

HAD TO REPLACE THE REGULATOR ON THE PASSENGERS FRONT WINDOW THIS TIME....ONCE, SHAME ON GM...TWICE, SHAME ON ME. WILL TRADE FOR TOYOTA!

- , Hamilton, IN, USA

Aug 122009

LeSabre Limited

HAD TO REPLACE THE FRONT DRIVER'S SIDE MOTOR PER DEALER!

- , Hamilton, IN, USA

Mar 042009

LeSabre V8

I have had to replace 6 regulators in 3 years. I know others have had the same problem. No recall..... just money out of my pocket every few months or so......

- , San Lorenzo, CA, USA

Jan 132009

LeSabre 3.8L

4 window regulators replaced in the last three years, it is very annoying and expensive. I do not understand why GM has not recalled this problem because I have heard from many people that they have had the same problem. I also understand that the parts were made in China so it is no surprise that they break.

- , Fort Myers, FL, USA

Apr 232009

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

I have a 2000 LeSabre and I have already replaced 3 windows regulators over the years.

Update from May 26, 2009: Well Love this comfy car, but these windows are annoying.You never can predict when one will give up on you. This time driver side windows stopped working.They are up and will go down when cold. Yap=Florida? Hot day they stay up and can not be moved.

Is it the main switch which controls all the windows?Computer? I wish to get the answer. My mechanic is trying to find out and if he can`t than I have to take my horse to GM.

- , Daytona Beach, FL, USA