Power Window Stopped Working

2000 Buick LeSabre (Page 1 of 3)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.

7.5

1. replace window regulator (27 reports)
  3. replaced with an aftermarket regulator (4 reports)
  4. disconnected the window lift in up position (1 reports)
  5. remove power track assembly, install 2x4 to hold up window (1 reports)
  6. replace mechanism (1 reports)
2000 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick LeSabre:

2000 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Apr 072012

LeSabre Limited 3.21 V6

This is the twelfth time that I have experienced problems with the power window mechanisms on this car. The right front motor was replaced in Sep 2010 and now just one and a half years later it is broken again. In that time the window has probably gone up and down less than ten times. The driver side window had the motor replaced just two months ago. This design has to be the worst ever put into a vehicle that is supposed to be a near luxury vehicle.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 122012

LeSabre

This is the third time that the window regulators on my car have broken. The back two windows, that barely get used, broke months apart from each other. One in the winter, which, since I live in Chicago, was FREEZING!!! The other was in the spring, which guess what...of course the weather couldn't be nice for spring, I got the weeks worth of rain.

So I guess the third one that broke, has to be in the summer in the blazing heat. I guess the fourth and final window regulator has to break in the fall for the completion of seasons and my windows!!! This is such a pain in the butt to happen! I have never heard of anyone have this happen to them for their vehicles, let alone happen THREE TIMES!! Sounds like there is a serious flaw for the window regulators, but Buick won't fix them!

- , Chicago Heights, IL, USA

Jul 162013

LeSabre Costum

My Niece wants me to fix her car but from what I have read the replacement parts are just as bad as the original.. I am thinking it is the motor. I flip the switch and nothing, the dome light does not dim which makes me wonder,,, I will have to take it apart and report back what I find,,, hopefully it is the plastic pulley some were talking about, I think I could come up with a cheap and permanent fix for that. if it is the motor then I am going after market, not OEM.

- , Boise, Idaho, USA

Jan 022005

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

I have replaced all four window motors more than once. I am fully aware that this is another weakness of my 2000 Lesabre.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Oct 012011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

this is the right rear window. have to warn anyone riding in the back not to touch the suction cup.

- , Conyers, GA, Western Sahara

May 012008

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

drivers side window- couldn't go to drive-thru or atm or open to talk to passerby. not long after a/c stopped working. couldn't get air flow when stopped at red lights etc.

- , Conyers, GA, Western Sahara

Feb 022009

LeSabre 3.8L V6

Over a period of 3 years, all 4 power window regulators failed and required replacement. Appears to be cheesy plastic parts fail and the bale that is used to move the window up and down comes out of the spool.

- , Smiths Creek, MI, USA

Jul 132010

LeSabre SL 2.6L

We replaced the two front windows the backs are STILL not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Tuckerton, NJ, USA

Jan 232013

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

When rear window stopped working, took panel off the cable had twisted around the Teflon pulley ,and fixed that then 3 months after that the front window stopped working. after taking it apart saw same thing, but this time it twisted so bad it snapped the cable. took off the motor and put it on the new window regulator, cost $150.00 ...

- , Issaquah, WA, USA

Jan 082013

LeSabre

Since this problem is extremely common with Buicks, why in the world has it not been recalled? I have known other Buick owners who had the same problem. We had to duct-tape the back window until we got it fixed, and the driver's side window gave out with the previous owner and also with us, two years later.

It is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT and is VERY EXPENSIVE TO FIX! We have paid over $400, and it won't last!!!

What the heck are we supposed to do, never use a drive-through or ATM? We live in the Midwest, with FREEZING winters, and it is DEADLY to drive with a window down! Yet the manufacturer does not consider it a "safety issue" and therefore will not take any responsibility for the defect.

- , Roodhouse, IL, USA

Sep 032011

LeSabre Custom 4door 3.8L V6

Buick should take responsibility for there defective power windows. I could see if one window would break but all four, what a piece of crap. Would be glad to hear any solutions.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 042012

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

plenty of complaints about buick windows. This is why the Feds had to bail GM out. Crappy design and planned obsolecense. Second window failure in 6 months. Soon will have more $ in window repair than the car is worth.

- , Moorhead, MN, USA

Sep 102005

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

Bought car in Aug 05. Drivers window failed Sept 05, covered by warranty. By 2007 at 48000 mi all 4 windows failed. I paid 325.00 to have 1 fixed, others I blocked up. Problem is not excess usage but plastic parts that dry out over time and become brittle. The entire mechanism has to be bought at GM dealership. The old motors and regulators are fine. Looks like GM could have invested another $1 and used nylon instead of plastic.

- , Cantonment, FL, USA

Jun 212011

LeSabre Limited 3.2L V6

3 of 4 windows on my car have broken power window problems.This complaint is about my passenger side front window which doesnt work.Living in Florida with the sudden thunderstorms and hot humid air this is a real PITA! Being unemployed currently limits my ability to fix this problem. I'm in for a class action lawuit, lets go!

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUICK OR GM PRODUCT!!!

May 032010

LeSabre Limited 3.2L V6

3 of 4 windows on my car have broken power window problems.This complaint is about my drivers side rear window which doesnt work.Living in Florida with the sudden thunderstorms and hot humid air this is a real PITA! Being unemployed currently limits my ability to fix this problem. I'm in for a class action lawuit, lets go!

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUICK OR GM PRODUCT!!!

Mar 312010

LeSabre Limited 3.2L V6

3 of 4 windows have broken power window problems. Luckily I was able to get 2 of the 3 closed but my drivers side front window is only 3/4 closed and refuses to move further (up or down). Living in Florida with the sudden thunderstorms and hot humid air this is a real PITA! Being unemployed currently limits my ability to fix this problem. Currently I have clear postal shipping tape over the open area but this fix is indeed temporary because the rain and humidity plus the hot sun destroys the glue on the tape and it loses its stickiness.

I am not mechanically minded and I have no idea how to fix this w/out putting out alot of money. I am open to suggestions, hell, I'd be happy if I could get the window to close completely. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUICK OR GM PRODUCT!!!

Dec 052011

LeSabre Custom 3.8L

Hear in MN I had to put a peace of plastic and duck tap to keep out the cold weather and that was very !!!!!!!! loud and cold we got it fixed and what a relief that was .

- , Farmington, MN, USA

Oct 202011

LeSabre

Sadly this was my dream car. I have a 100 thousand mile extended warranty..guess what? they will cover it if it is the motor but because it is the regulator they will not. I was told by the local dealership that I could not order the regulator without getting a new motor, I was quoted 615.00 for 1 window and I had 3 go out within a 3 month span. Found you can buy a rebuilt regulator at Nappa for 108.00 and took it to a local glass place and they charged me 42.00 to install it. Not only am I disappointed in GM but extremely offended by the local dealership and the extended warranty spends more time trying to get out of any coverage they led me to believe I would have.

I am afraid to ever go to a GM dealership as I feel I was being taken advantage of.

- , Lebanon, OR, USA

Nov 012011

LeSabre 3.8L

Bought a Buick LeSabre 2000,5 hours later ,rolled down the window twice and it stopped working.called Buick they said it can only be fixed by a GM dealer .if it proves to be a mechanical defect they will assist me some how.if not I have to pay.it costs 350.00.I cant afford to keep replacing these windows,I hear it keeps happening. why isn't there a RECALL.Call Buick and Complain!!!.No one should have to pay that much per window.for a reoccurring problem.

- , Skowhegan, Maine, USA

May 032005

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

This car is a great car and all except for the fact that it doesn't last. CAR just goes bad after 50k all these different problems occurred (brakes, gas pump, electrical problems, windows won't come down, radiator, water pump, air pump, transmission...) costs a lot of money to maintain; $4,000 to date.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA