8.8

1. replaced motor/module assembly (4 reports)
2000 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick LeSabre:

2000 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Jun 052010

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

I should buy stock in wiper blades. I look stupid when the rain stops and i'm the only one with wipers still on.

- , Conyers, GA, Western Sahara

Jan 042012

LeSabre SL 2.6L

After fixing the wipers 3 times I am NEVER buying a buick Car again!!!!!!!!!! This car has had more issues.

Feb 092013

LeSabre SL 2.6L

This is the 3rd time I am having this problem, had the motor replaced twice and the switch once and now its doing it AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 162012

LeSabre SL 2.6L

why is this problem NOT on the recall list!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car gets great mileage that's IT!!!!!!!!!

Feb 172005

LeSabre ES

This problem really upset me! The wipers wouldn't shut off until we could shut off the ignition. I then pulled the fuse. When we got it to the dealer, he found a problem with the control module that is integral to the motor assembly, so the entire thing had to be replaced at considerable cost. I seriously considered going to a used part, but decided against it because we expected to keep the car for quite a while.

Update from Feb 15, 2013: The car now has >176,000-miles on it and we haven't had this problem recur, so far. Hope to make it to 200,000 before replacing it. Our car stands outside all the time, so I guess moisture could be a problem. Hope the replacement resolves your problem. At this stage, if it happens again, it'll be replaced with a used unit.

We've also replaced all the window lifts once, and two of them twice.

- , Quitman, LA, USA