NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System Problems

2.6

2001 Buick LeSabre cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Apr 142009

LeSabre

Transmission repaired in 2006 window switches replaced in two windows 2007 now I have a coolant leak.

- Edina, MN, USA

Mar 142009

LeSabre

I am trying to get information on a recall for my 2001 Buick Lesabre. I spoke with Buick and they acknowledged there was a recall for engine coolant leaks, but apparently being the second owner of the vehicle I was not notified. I am now having problems with engine coolant leaking into the motor. I have 73,000 miles on the vehicle and the dealer states it is age and mileage. I am not sure!!!!!! I feel if there was a recall due to a defective gasket which caused these leaks then I should be covered under that recall"?? from what I could learn from your site Buick had a recall for their regal and Pontiac Grand Prix. It is GM recall. #07035. I know I have a Lesabre, but it seems to be having the same problems. Is there a recall on my vehicle also?"it supposedly is affecting over 20,764 vehicles and the 2001-2003 models won't be notified right away. Prior years were notified April 2008. I am a second owner so not sure if I would ever be notified. Please advise.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

May 152003

LeSabre

Consumer had problems with the cooling system. Also the vehicle was taken into the shop, and the problem was fixed.

- Ludington, MI, USA