8.0

1. change upper intake (2 reports)
2001 Buick LeSabre cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Sep 122012

LeSabre Limited 3800

Own a 2001 Buick LeSabre for a school car. Been smelling something hot. Real noticeable when pulling into the garage. Smells like anti-freeze. Recently told that the intake gasket needs to be replaced before it leads to engine overheating or locking up. Est cost. $500. It is too bad that GM doesn't stand behind the defective intake gasket that was originally installed on these engines.

- , Kennebec, SD, USA

Jan 042012

LeSabre Custom 3800

The car had been setting for about a month and the battery had gone dead. I used my truck to jump it off, and when I turned the key to try to start it, I heard a BIG BOOM. I had the hood up and got out of the car to see what the hell had happened. The engine was on fire, and my wife had heard it also and came to check on me. I then noticed the engine cover was gone, ALONG WITH THE OIL FILLER TUBE, TOP OF THE PLASTIC INTAKE, and the engine and fire wall were still burning so I grabbed a fire extinguisher and put it out. wondering if this is a factory defect or what I can do about it. Thanks for letting me VENT.

John