8.0

2001 Buick LeSabre electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Aug 202010

LeSabre limited

this car has had so many things wrong in the electrical system!! I'm not the only person in Ohio that I know of that is or has had the same problem with their Buick Le Sabre or just Buick in general!!! everything, light switches,radio,heat/air,wipers any and all power turned off battery goes dead in very short time!! come back to vehicle it will not start alternator is good checked all fuses battery in good shape no dead cells it just goes dead!! have replaces the battery the dash integration module, head light/parking an dash switch,new fuse box under the back seat i mean sh** whats the problem? took it to dealer an they don't even know!! bunches of money!! very expensive an the problem still accrues!!! still unknown!!

- , Springfield, OH, USA

Oct 022009

LeSabre Custom 3.2L V6

This has been an ongoing problem, I used the key fob to open the doors and the car will not start. I have had the car to dealer and they look at me like I am an idiot, they say that it never happened before. I once came out a store and the trunk opened without touching anything, and then wouldn't start. I had car towed to repair shop and it started fine. driving home, radio changed stations without touching. I shut car off and then wouldn't start again, it's like battery dead. But, if I ignore the car for a couple hours the car starts and runs fine. I have refrained from using radio (thinking it was in radio) but got brave and tried it a month ago and everything worked fine. Last night on way home it was dark so lights came on, dash lights dimmed, (as normal) then clock light brightened back to daytime brightness, then dimmed again, This morning it wouldn't start. half the "idiot" lights came on but no response from starter. Took ex's car to work and will try to start when I get home tonight. probably will start!

- , Des Moines, IA, USA