7.6

1. OEM replacement of regulator (25 reports)
  2. replace entire unit (18 reports)
  3. produce a product that works, this is ridiculous (9 reports)
  5. replace regulator and motor in unit (5 reports)
  6. permanently closed the windows (2 reports)
2001 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 302011

LeSabre 6 cyl

I have a beautiful Buick LeSabre custom deluxe. by all standards a great car, except 3 out of 4 windows do not work now. i understand i am not the only Buick owner with this problem, in fact, it is more common than i like to think for such a great manufacturer. if there is no recall for this problem(window regulators) why not!

- , Syracuse, NY, USA

Apr 102011

LeSabre 3800 V6

Bought car used 2009.Dealer told me they already repaired three windows .Car

had 132000 miles on it . 2011 right rear window had to be repaired.Now with 180000 miles on car the left rear window needs repair.I don't raise or lower the rear windows

that much.My windows usually stay up most of the time so how can I be wearing them

out?

- , Murfreesboro, Tenn, USA

Oct 182005

LeSabre Custom 3.8L

THE CAR HAD BEEN SETTING FOR ABOUT A YEAR. ALL FOUR WINDOWS FAILED IN ABOUT 3 HRS AFTER STARTING DOWN THE ROAD, TOOK THE DEALER TWO DAYS TO FIX THE PROBLEM

- , Anderson, Alaska, USA

Feb 222012

LeSabre Limited V6

The Buick Le Sable limited Golf sponsor! The worse than a few days after the factory warranty expired, the Instrument panel cover went up,and away from the front! Looks like a garbage car. I never before had a car that had that poor quality of panels. Buick told us was one thousand dollars to repair, but not warranty.They want to screw the panel! What a horrible solution for a quality BUICK.I will never buy another one,you know they don't care, they screw us. We don't use the power windows because if we do, they stop working. The seat leather was so hard,they changed it for me,HA HA they are hard as rocks. The leather feels cheap!. Never a Buick again,i miss my Mercury grand Marquis.

Update from Mar 6, 2012: We fixed,very expensive now the power window.We never fix or replace the dash board,too expensive,no warranty.This was a Factory problem!I will never bur another Buick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Brandon, FL, USA

Feb 032003

LeSabre Custom 3.2L V6

I just think you have a really big problem with you electrical system. You want us to buy USA. PLEASE FIX MY CAR WINDOW.

- , Hutchinson, KS, USA

Sep 072011

LeSabre Limited 3.2L

got this car from my in-laws with 32000 on it and know that the rear windows were seldom used. cable mechanism tears out of the plastic and rear window will not go up. Very poor design and product as plastic show many hair line cracks.

- , Woodstock, IL, USA

Mar 122010

LeSabre Limited 3.2L V6

No yelling but the cable on the front passenger side broke and they say I have to replace the whole mechanism. I just look in this web site and discover there are allot of people out there with a similar problem. Why can't I have the cable replaced? The motor work good.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 042010

LeSabre 3.2L V6

One window quit working on my stepdaughters car about 6 months ago on the right rear.

and just last week the other quit working.she brought it to me and is sitting out in driveway waiting to be fixed. motor runs but won't lift window.

The bad part is those back windows with air conditioning should have very little use. She is second owner of it and was an elderly couple that owned it before her.

I should think if GM knows of this problem there should be a mandated recall to have this problem resolved. I think I'll just duct tape them up and write signs on it with a paint pen warning others of this defect. I don't think a $ 7.000.00 used car should have this sort of problem.

I found this site off another forum and several people have had the same thing happen on several GM products.

- , Apollo, PA, USA

Dec 232010

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

This is the fourth window that has had the window regulator go bad. Two windows replace two time. I do the labor myself. I advertise car for sale and right before potential buyer came window regulator broke. This was the front passenger side. I do not understand why Buick do not recall. This problem has convince me not to buy Buick again.

- , Grand Island, NY, USA

Dec 042010

LeSabre

This is the fourth window that has had the window regulator go bad. It looks like the cable keeps going off track on this one. I'm sending it in to a place I've used before that repairs and returns the regulator- regulatorusa.com. I do the labor myself. I've gotten better over the years. I have to prop up the window for about a week until I get the part back. The annoying thing is that it always seems to happen when it is about 35 degrees and pouring rain. This was the front driver's side, so the ride home was miserable. I suppose this is a small thing compared to an engine problem, but the fact that Buick ignores that pretty much everyone has this problem has convinced me to never get a Buick again.

- , Easley, SC, USA

Feb 012010

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

Have had 3 windows with same problem within the last 9 months. Cheap plastic parts break in power window assembly causing windows to fail to operate (roll up or down). I had to pop off door panel and push window up and clamp to window assembly with a vice grip to keep window from falling back down. Talked to dealership purchased from and local dealership and neither interested in adjusting price or calling Buick Rep. Will not be buying any more GM products.

- , Pierre, SD, USA

Jul 012009

LeSabre 3.6L V6

Passenger side rear window fell to bottom and would not roll up. Buick dealer wanted approximately $500.00 to repair whick I consider rediculous. Used a wooden wedge to hold it in place.

- , Irvington, AL, USA

Feb 012010

LeSabre 3.6L V6

Rear Driver side and Front Driver Side windows fell ( just like the rear passenger had already done). The dealer cost estimate to repair all 3 windows is approximately $1100, a local automotive glass shop estimates $900. I ordered all three windows regulators on line for 141.00 and will replace them myself. I bought this car as a "program" car in 2002, I previously owned a 2007 Lesabre that accumilated approximately 250,000 miles before giving up to transmission ills, the only other problem with this car was drivers side window at approximately 180,000 miles. Both Buicks gave small car economy to operate with full sized car comfort. It is a shame that GM don't go ahead and fix what is apparently a common problem on these cars. This is both an annoying and costly enough problem to make me look at another manufacturer for my next vehicle, ie. my 2006 Dodge Truck rather than aa GM.

- , Irvington, AL, USA

Dec 102008

LeSabre Limited V6 3.8L

This was the third of 4 power windows that went out in this car. The invonvenience and cost were outrageous. I will never buy a Buick again because of this car.

Jan 162008

LeSabre Limited V6 3.8L

Very inconvenient problem. Very expensive to fix. Car was just out of warranty and the right side rear window just quit working in the down position.Very expensive to fix---$500!!!!!

May 102008

LeSabre Limited V6 3.8L

This was the second power window failure in a few months. It cost another $500. Total cost of window failure is now $1000. This is just horrible engineering because the rear windows were almost never used.

Oct 192005

LeSabre

The problem occurred a few days after my purchase and the used car dealer made the repairs at no cost to me.

Jun 012008

LeSabre

My son-in-law repaired the window with a used part.

Apr 102010

LeSabre

This was the second time for the repair of this window, the driver side front power window.

Jul 092010

LeSabre

I have had problems with each of the four power windows. Five occurrences in all as one window had to be repaired twice.