8.5

1. replace window regulator (39 reports)
  3. replace regulator (3 reports)
  4. replaced window motor (3 reports)
  5. blocks of wood to hold window up (2 reports)
  6. remove and replace (2 reports)
2002 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick LeSabre:

2002 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Mar 252011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

This is annoying. 2nd regulator to go on the car. Front passenger window. Why won't buick recall them??

Oct 132011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

My front driver window is done! This is bullshit! Buick needs to get their heads out of their a**es and deal with this problem with a permanent solution. I can't even roll down my damn window when I'm too hot and pregnant to top it off!!! I only have 1 window(knock on wood) that goes down! And only halfway!!!Screw you buick!!!

May 022011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

3rd times the charm with this crap! My rear passenger side window won't go down. My kids hate not being able to roll down the window. They fight over who gets to have "the good seat!" Buick your worthless junk you can have back!

Oct 292010

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

I am the 2nd owner, purchased 2002 Buick LaSabre with 29000 miles and was a good deal, until the window regulators began to fail.

I replaced the first one at 50681, second one at 54604, third one at 55970 and number four at 66932.

Since the last window problem, in less than a year, the power window and the power door lock quit working on the right rear door. I got an estimate of $400.00 to replace a module. I decided not to have it fixed. This car is a money pit, costing me money just sitting in my driveway most of the time!

So much for a good deal; Buick should have to pay up for the defective window regulators. I have not met a 2002 Buick owner that has not had the same experience with their window regulators failing.

- , Haw River, NC, USA

Jan 122010

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

Right rear window lift broke while driving on a paved road. Repair was made using an aftermarket cheap lift. This car is driven only by my wife or myself and only rarely is anyone in the rear seat My guess is that this window lift had been operated less than 15 times in the life of the car.

- , Glendive, Montana, USA

Mar 212013

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

This is no joke. I would like to know how I'm supposed to get a vehicle safety inspection if I lose a right rear door window regulator on Monday, have it replaced on Tuesday, then have the left rear door regulator fail on Thursday?

IN THE SAME WEEK !!!!!!! RECALL !!!!!!!

- , Augusta, Maine, USA

Oct 172012

LeSabre Custom V6

I was driving to work yesterday, after I rolled my window in the back up I heard a crack. The window then dropped and I am sad to say the Buick Lesabre 2002 had a horrible defect. I don't know what parts are needed to fix this problem, but it would be a great assurance to know if Buick can recall these cars and have the low cost problem fixed for free.

- , Bowie, MD, USA

Oct 152012

LeSabre Custom V6

First, back driver's side window went down and wouldn't roll back up after I was gifted the car by my grandmother in October (only 24,000 miles in 10 years!--the window malfunction was not related to overuse). Two snow storms and one hurricane later, I finally cleaned the water out of my backseat and was able to scrape up enough money to pay for a replacement (regulator and motor in one). Just got back from Christmas vacation to find the passenger front window stuck completely down. I can't afford to keep paying for regulators every other month. A block of wood it is...

- , Boston, MA, USA

Sep 062012

LeSabre v6

This the 4th time that I have had a window regulator break on me. This is the second time for the front drivers window in the last year. All 4 have went out in the last 2 years. I replaced all with the entire motor and regulator part from autozone. The glass guy doing the work said that the motor is not far behind it so I replaced the whole piece. It has a lifetime warranty and was around $170. Thank god for that warranty, because it went out again last week. These parts are crap. It was installed professionally for $35 at a windshield glass shop. It took maybe 40 minutes.

Update from Jun 16, 2014: I have had every single one of the window regulators replaced in this car. I am now working on replacing them for the 2nd time. I just replaced rear passenger side, now getting ready to do drivers again. I am getting SICK to death of replacing this junk on this car. Can they make anything that lasts?

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 292012

LeSabre Limited 3.8L V6

Left rear window lift broke while backing the car out of the driveway. I do not think this window lift had been operated 15 times in the life of the car. My bodyman said the aftermarket window lift regulator would be about a $100 cheaper but he said it might be better to use a GM brand. He also said his shop had replaced a tremendous amount of regulators on buicks.

- , Glendive, Montana, USA

Jun 152012

LeSabre Custom 3.21 V6

2011=Driver side regulator broke replaced cost $490.00 . 2011 passenger side broke,cost to repair $491.00.2012 Within a week both rear window regulators broke. Held up with tape. Unbelievable . Called to see if any changes were made to regulators. NO. Cost is the same to replace.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Jul 022012

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

I purchased my 2002 Buick LeSabre new from Wilson County Motors (WCM), April 30, 2002. This latest problem with the bad regulator for the power window, driver's side, rear came as quite a shock -- until I read all the many complaints at www.carcomplaints.com regarding this same issue (bad regulator on power windows for 2000 - 2002 Buick LeSabre). If I had known about all these complaints BEFORE I took my car back to WCM on July 3, 2012 to get the power window fixed, I would have probably just let my husband fix the window where the window would be permanently up. When I read other complaints and discovered this "problem" happens over and over and some Buick LeSabre owners have had it happen to ALL FOUR windows, I really wanted to step outside and scream! WCM stated they had to install the complete assembly - even though the only part that was bad was the regulator. Initially they wanted to charge me $452.12. I boldly asked for my senior discount (twice)! The first gentleman who took our information and had the power window problem checked out said, "I can give you $10 off." When we went to pay (the exorbitant bill), I again asked for my senior discount - which I carefully explained was normally 10%. This gentleman figured and figured and finally said, "I'll give you $30 off, and he's already given you $10 off, so that's pretty close." Close? Close is for playing Horseshoes -- not giving a person their 10% senior discount! I'm not a math major, but 10% of $452.12 equals $45.21 -- NOT $40! Never-the-less, $40 discount was all I could wangle out of them, and since I was in semi-shock from the entire ordeal, I finally gave in and paid them. Feeling totally "ripped off," after I got home I searched the Internet for this problem. Holy Smokes! This has been going on with LOTS of Buick LeSabre owners since the 2000 Buick LeSabre, and GM has done absolutely NOTHING! Do they think if they keep doing the same stupid thing (installing power windows that fail) they will get a different result? Or, do they just not give a hoot? I have emailed GM and they replied - stating they will phone me. I can hardly wait!!!!!

Update from Jul 10, 2012: 7/10/12 UPDATE - Around 3 PM today, I spoke with Jason from GM (Buick Consumer Support Team). He informed me they talked with Wilson County Motors (WCM) [who performed the $412.12 repair of the failed power window] and they determined, due to the age of the car, it was not a defective part. Jason stated a WCM representative told him it was a broken cable that caused the problem. INTERESTING! We were told, and our Invoice from WCM shows, the window failed because of the regulator. I told Jason about that. He was unimpressed. Jason at GM also told me they would continue to monitor this situation, and if there were enough complaints, GM would take action (a possible recall?). I mentioned to Jason I had already found 144 complaints at carcomplaints.com about the power windows (including my complaint). I even emailed GM the links to the various complaints.
That didn't impress him much either. He simply repeated his previous statement about GM monitoring for this type complaint. So, Buick car owners who have experienced failed power windows, now is a great time to let GM know about it. Most people don't bother to file complaints. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So, "squeak up"! Their email address is crc@buick.com.

- , Hermitage, TN, USA

May 302012

LeSabre Limited

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and my daughter and friend each have this particular year. We are on our fourth replacement of window regulator on our car, my daughter had 2 go bad, and friend had 3 replaced. What is the problem? We have contacted GM and noticed that this problem has been occurring since the 2000 model. Do you have to be killed in a car for a problem flaw to be looked at? At 500-800 dollars a repair and GM will not recognized this problem. CAN SOMEONE DO ANYTHING????

- , Youngstown, NY, USA

Jul 252011

LeSabre

The window went down all by itself and wouldn't come back up.

- , Centreville, VA, USA

Oct 082011

LeSabre

Both driver side windows stopped working the same day - one went down and wouldn't come back up while the other one was up and wouldn't move. Three months earlier I had a passenger side window go down and stop working. I wonder when the 4th window will fail....

- , Centreville, VA, USA

Jun 012010

LeSabre

I have an 02 Buick LeSabre, and three of the four window regulators have gone out in it. We have replaced one, but the cost was ridiculous! $170.00! I contacted Buick, and was told that they did not have enough complaints filed to do a recall, or to do anything about the problem. From some research I have done I have noticed this is a big problem. So please contact the Buick main office, and file a complaint if you are having this problem.

- , Hamilton, MT, USA

May 202011

LeSabre

This is the 4th window regulator that I have had to replace. Never have I seen anything like this. see my other post back in 2007. I have replaced the right front in 2009 now the driver side GM should recall this piece of crap.

- , Maybee, MI, USA

Sep 152010

LeSabre Custom 3.2L V6

This is bullshit and definitley shows that General Motors doesn't have the backbone to stand accountable. THAT was evident by the way they took OUR taxpayer dollars for a, "bailout". Their management and quality assurance shows through and through.

I can see why FORD made it through the financial downturn in this nation and stands alone in making things work even in tough times, all by themselves without asking for or taking any public handouts.

- , Summerfield, FL, USA

May 032011

LeSabre Custom 3.2L V6

We just got done repairing the passenger side window motor and now the left rear window is not operating and the glass won't stay up. This car only has 24,803 miles on it! The first window problem occurred at only 19,000!

This is bullshit and definitley shows that General Motors has a problem that they are not facing or being held accountable for!

- , Summerfield, FL, USA

Feb 152006

LeSabre Limited 3.2L V6

Passenger side rear window regulator broke. This is the 3rd regulator to break on my 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited. Very frustrating. I have been told that General Motors puts in cheap plastic regulators. This should be recalled.

- , Wildwood, MO, USA