1. new window regulator (5 reports)
  3. replaced the rear passenger window (1 reports)
2002 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick LeSabre:

2002 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

May 062012

We repaired the passenger side window motor first and then the back window fell down and we needed to get that one and another. I know for a fact my daddy's 1955 Cadillac didn't have problems with the window motors so why do almost all of the cars we buy have this problem ? We don't stick gooey candy on our windows or sit snuff out the car windows. My father in law buys us Buicks because it is a part of his religion . Even as a gift , we have had to pay for some repairs that were annoying . Thank you very very much.

- , Morton, IL, USA

Apr 092015

LeSabre custom 3.8

We were only asked the date it occurred. It has actually happened 2 other times. So this would be my 3rd window regulator replacement. Boy, just 1 more to go.

May 232015

LeSabre Limited 3.6L

Just bought the car a couple of months ago to use on long trips, third time driven and the window won't go up. Have the same problem with my 2003 Buick LeSabre, that has two broken windows, a definite defect with these cars.

- , Le Center, USA

Feb 112015

This happened with both front windows. It appears to be a fault with the pulley system where the cables come off of the pulley at the top.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

May 242013

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

First, my passenger side rear window fell down and it wouldn't go back up. I ended up taping it up for a few months with Gorilla tape just because I never had time to get it into a shop. Then the driver's side rear window did the same thing. I taped that up for a bit but I was getting sick of re-taping it all the time so I ended up taking it into an auto glass shop. They offered to replace the regulator because it had snapped in half or just make them stay up by using other means. I had them just make them stay up since I still had working air conditioning. All they charged me for was labor since I think they just used a few screws to hold it up.

- , Ashland, WI, USA

Sep 072007

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

Shortly after buying this used 2002 Buick LeSabre vehicle at 39,000 miles, I had to have 2 power windows worked on. Then, a 3rd one went out. Fortunately I had an extended warranty and Carmax fixed them, each with a $50 deductible though. Now at about 170,000 miles again my right front window is stuck down. According to the previous invoices, they would have charged me $700 for 2 windows to get fixed. It appears to be a common defect in this window issue.

- , Fallbrook, CA, USA

Jul 152012

The rear windows have rarely been used, maybe a dozen times, so to spend $500 to repair in order that the windows stay up is a financial burden as my wife and I are 88 years old and have very limited income. Research online has proven to me that many, many people have shared the same problem and yet GM has not cared for their customers.

- , Granville, OH, USA

Apr 062011

LeSabre Limited 3

front passenger everything in that door and window quit,then driver side window would not go up had that fixes,now back seat passenger window went down will not go up.there has to be something wrong with these windows i have only had it 2 yrs.

- , Norwalk, OH, USA

Nov 122010

LeSabre 3.2L V6

I purchased this LeSabre brand new and at 20,000 miles the rear passenger window fell down. The dealer didn't cover it, had to pay $420.00. Since then I have had it happen to every window and I have 57,000 miles on it.

I complained to the General Motors consumer complaint department every time but with no satisfaction as far as any recall's on the problem. I was told they have not any one complaint about that problem, like I am the only one. They said I should take it to the dealer every time it happens so they can document it and can look into the problem, told them I can't afford to pay the outrages prices at the dealer for a fix that is never going to end due to the poor design and cheap plastic part that keeps cracking in the hot and cold causing the windows to fail.

They want you to purchase their vehicles but won't listen to you when there is a problem, and I love how you are supposed to be covered bumper to bumper under the warranty except for almost everything that goes wrong. The real pay off is that my husband retired from GM after 34 years of service and that doesn't even make them do something about looking into

a recall. I will not purchase another GM Vehicle.

- , Medway, MA, USA

Feb 052011

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

as with everyone else, it appears I have the same damn problem. I was able to get my windows back up, but for how long.....I thought my Durango was a p.o.s. I guess I should have kept it.

- , Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Nov 022006

I have had rear passenger side window done 3 times, rear driver twice, front passenger done once and now the rear does not work and I am not putting anymore money into it

- , Sackets Harbor, NY, USA