3.5

2003 Buick LeSabre brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick LeSabre:

2003 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Jan 162013

LeSabre 6-cyl

Brake line was rusted & was replaced.

- Wales, ME, USA

Mar 132013

LeSabre

I noticed the dashboard was coming apart from the windshield towards the driverside..I also started experiencing my car cutting off, ,&a weird noise when I press my brakes..my car also gets hot&smells like somethings burning..I've replaced numerous things, ,but yet to come to a resolution..I really need help because this is scary..I've talked to Buick&you all wanna charge me just to look at my car??that's not help at all...

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 142014

LeSabre

While driving on a 40mph road, the engine spontaneously lost power - the power steering and brakes also ceased to function as a result. The radio and lights were still on. After guiding the stricken car to a safe area, I turned the engine back on and was able to drive as normal. The issue repeated roughly a week later at lower speed while going over a speed-hump in a shopping center parking lot. Note: The issue occurred following the addition of apartment and mail keys to the keyring. I separated the additional keys from the car's key following the second incident. The issue has not repeated since.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jun 012009

LeSabre 6-cyl

Front disc brake pads do not wear evenly. The inboard pad (on both wheels) wears faster than the outboard pad. Problem is, only the outboard pads have the wear alerter. So, if you don't inspect your front brakes frequently, the inboard pad lining can wear completely away without your knowledge, cause damage to the front brake rotor and reduce braking to an unsafe level. I have seen this condition on more than one Buick Lesabre.

- Front Royal, VA, USA