Intake Manifold Anti-Freeze Leak

2004 Buick LeSabre

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.

4.0

1. replace gaskets (1 reports)
2004 Buick LeSabre engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick LeSabre:

2004 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Feb 252009

LeSabre Custom V6

If anyone is thinking of joining the SCHUMACHER family, Located at: 3720 Northlake Blvd. Lake Park, FL 33403 please read my experience before you decide.

I brought my 2004 Buick LeSabre to SCHUMACHER on 2/25/09 to repair a leaking intake manifold, have it greased and oiled, and fix a tire that had a slow leak. My mistake was not asking for separate estimates for parts and labor. Because, the total bill came to $1362, which to say the least was a shock. However, it was not until I got home and examined the invoice more closely that I discovered the labor cost for repairing the manifold was $990. The invoice showed this took 6.5 hours, which breaks down to $152.30 an hour. Since I thought the labor cost was way out of line, I called Dave Stadelman, the assistant service manager. He told me that labor starts at $110 an hour and graduates up. At that price they must have MIT graduates working as mechanics. Also, when I asked Mr. Stadelman how much it cost to fix the tire, he told me $22. I told him I wanted the tire removed from the rim and rubber patched from the inside. He said that is how they repair tires at SCHUMACHER. However, what I discovered while checking the invoice was that the tire was repaired with a plug. This was not what I expected or wanted. Also, when I checked the pressure on the tire that was repaired, it registered 33psi all the other tires registered 31psi. Given the prices SCHUMACHER charges and their quality of work, give serious thought about becoming a member of the SCHUMACHER family.

Sincerely, Tim Connors P.O. Box South Jamesport, NY 11970