2007 Buick Lucerne brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Buick Lucerne:

2007 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Oct 092011

Lucerne 6-cyl

Around or about October 2011, while traveling at approximately 40 mph, my 2007 Buick Lucerne's engine suddenly shut off. This caused the loss of power steering and brakes (and airbag?). fortunately, I was on a secondary road and managed to get the vehicle to the side of the road without any problem. Initial efforts to restart the vehicle were unsuccessful, so I called aaa for assistance. After about 15 minutes, and before aaa arrived, I was able to restart the car and drove home (it was a Sunday). The next day I drove the car to the dealership where I had purchased it (new) just over five years before (it was just out of warranty). After what I was told was a complete check, no apparent reason for the engine quitting could be found. I drove the car home and around town for several days, when the same thing happened again. This time when I took the car to the dealership I told my service consultant that I refused to drive the car, which I occasionally used to Transport my young grandchildren, until the problem had been diagnosed and repaired. We agreed that one of the mechanics could use it for his personal use until the problem reoccurred. And it did. A few days later the dealership informed me that the car had again stalled, that the problem had been diagnosed, and that there would be no charge when I picked up the vehicle. The problem, I was told, was "in a computer" that had been replaced. I drove the car for several months after that (before selling it), and the problem did not reoccur. I brought this to the attention of both General Motors and on-star (the latter, just in case the shutdowns had been prompted by that system) and nobody would acknowledge that similar incidents with Buick had occurred: And they still won't. a cursory search of the internet shows similar problems with other Buick, yet they are not included in any recalls. Why not? thank you.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Aug 152007

Lucerne 6-cyl

While driving at 55-60 mph in 5:00 P.M. baton rouge, la traffic on joor road, I heard the doors automatically lock, then the engine died, I lost power including steering, brakes, and almost caused a terrible pile-up as my car stopped in heavy traffic. I had no ability to steer, brake, no power. I was at the mercy of god and this dead car, praying that no one was killed. I eventually was able to coast to a stop. Other vehicles were able to move to other lanes, abandoning me to the right hand lane of traffic. I called onstar and they should have the recording of the conversation, the terror I was in, and their instructions. I have 4 recorded incidences of the repetitive nature of this vehicle malfunction. I can provide details of all incidences, follow-ups with GM, and eventually having to payoff the piece of "junk" at a loss of over $20,000. My last GM purchase. I have since been driving Toyota. My experiences with GM management was horrific.

- Greensburg, LA, USA

Aug 222012

Lucerne 6-cyl

The vehicle had complete brake failure. The metal used on brakes and the fuel lines is inferior. Additionally the dealership, lane Buick, melbourne Florida sold this vehicle having complete knowledge that all and complete fuel, brakes, auto trans lines were rusted. This problem is deadly and very expensive. If you lose your fuel lines in the mountains, you have absolutely no control, no steering, no brakes, absolutely nothing! a recall should be issued, as well as a technical service bulletin.

- Mi, FL, USA