2007 Buick Lucerne engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Buick Lucerne:

2007 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Apr 052016

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the mechanic noticed that the upper passenger side dog bone engine mount was fractured and needed replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000. Updated 05/18/16

- Fond Bu Lac, WV, USA

Nov 202015

Leased Buick Lucerne 2007, nothing was wrong when I got it and they told me there was a recall on the car but it was fixed, but then 5 weeks later my car won't start...they put a fake recall inspection sticker on the car, they told me "don't put anything on the they want me to pay for the payments, deductible, and diagnostic fee...

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 302015

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that fluid was leaking from under the hood of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the hydraulic fluid was leaking from the front motor mount. No further information was available. The motor mount was replaced and the failure was remedied. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,893. Updated 7/9/15 updated 07/16/15

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Feb 092015

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. The contact T stated that the motor mount fractured. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the motor mount needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Apr 142014

Lucerne 6-cyl

I was driving down street and motor quit running. The motor did start and I continued on my journey. Later that same day, the engine stopped again and would not restart for several minute. After several tries it started. I did not have any more occurrences for several months. I received a notice that my Buick had been recalled, but that parts were not available. In a letter dated September 2014, I was notified to contact my dealer and parts were now available for GM recall 14299. I called the dealer and they said parts were not available and they would call me when they were available. After several weeks, I called and they had the part and scheduled me for Nov. 17. I took the Buick in with four keys. They would only fix two keys; so, now I have two fixed keys and two unfixed keys for the car. On December 4, the engine quit on me again and would not restart. I tried moving the gear shift, but that did not help. After several minutes the car did start and has been trouble free since that time. When the engine would not start, all other electrical items seemed to work, but the starter would not crank. I took the car to a mechanic, but he could not find a problem because the car was working fine at that time. I am concerned that the engine will stop while on the highway or in heavy traffic in a dangerous situation. What can I do about this?

- Bartlesville, OK, USA

Mar 142014

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that noises emitted from the engine compartment. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who stated that the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 84,000 and the current mileage was 84,400. The VIN was not provided. Updated 7/31/14 the oil pressure sending unit failed by leaking oil. Updated 08/07/14

- Spring Boro, OH, USA

Oct 092011

Lucerne 6-cyl

Around or about October 2011, while traveling at approximately 40 mph, my 2007 Buick Lucerne's engine suddenly shut off. This caused the loss of power steering and brakes (and airbag?). fortunately, I was on a secondary road and managed to get the vehicle to the side of the road without any problem. Initial efforts to restart the vehicle were unsuccessful, so I called aaa for assistance. After about 15 minutes, and before aaa arrived, I was able to restart the car and drove home (it was a Sunday). The next day I drove the car to the dealership where I had purchased it (new) just over five years before (it was just out of warranty). After what I was told was a complete check, no apparent reason for the engine quitting could be found. I drove the car home and around town for several days, when the same thing happened again. This time when I took the car to the dealership I told my service consultant that I refused to drive the car, which I occasionally used to Transport my young grandchildren, until the problem had been diagnosed and repaired. We agreed that one of the mechanics could use it for his personal use until the problem reoccurred. And it did. A few days later the dealership informed me that the car had again stalled, that the problem had been diagnosed, and that there would be no charge when I picked up the vehicle. The problem, I was told, was "in a computer" that had been replaced. I drove the car for several months after that (before selling it), and the problem did not reoccur. I brought this to the attention of both General Motors and on-star (the latter, just in case the shutdowns had been prompted by that system) and nobody would acknowledge that similar incidents with Buick had occurred: And they still won't. a cursory search of the internet shows similar problems with other Buick, yet they are not included in any recalls. Why not? thank you.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Aug 152007

Lucerne 6-cyl

While driving at 55-60 mph in 5:00 P.M. baton rouge, la traffic on joor road, I heard the doors automatically lock, then the engine died, I lost power including steering, brakes, and almost caused a terrible pile-up as my car stopped in heavy traffic. I had no ability to steer, brake, no power. I was at the mercy of god and this dead car, praying that no one was killed. I eventually was able to coast to a stop. Other vehicles were able to move to other lanes, abandoning me to the right hand lane of traffic. I called onstar and they should have the recording of the conversation, the terror I was in, and their instructions. I have 4 recorded incidences of the repetitive nature of this vehicle malfunction. I can provide details of all incidences, follow-ups with GM, and eventually having to payoff the piece of "junk" at a loss of over $20,000. My last GM purchase. I have since been driving Toyota. My experiences with GM management was horrific.

- Greensburg, LA, USA

Jul 192012

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the engine stalled without any warning. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and then towed to the dealer. The technician replaced the crank shaft sensor. The failure recurred and the vehicle was again taken to the dealer where the ignition module was replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 35,784. Updated 3/22/13

- Tipton, IN, USA

Sep 232012

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact pulled the vehicle over and tried to restart it. The vehicle restarted and functioned properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 87,000. Updated 11/28/12 the consumer stated the connecting grounds were cleaned. Updated 12//03/12

- Richland Town, PA, USA