NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems

2008 Buick Lucerne transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Buick Lucerne:

2008 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Jun 212008

Lucerne

This is a report of a design flaw that might result in a safety issue. I recently took delivery of a 2008 Buick Lucerne cxl. I purchased the optional six-passenger version which means that the gearshift lever is mounted on the steering column instead of on a floor console, like most other cars. When the gearshift lever is in the "drive" position, the view of the radio display is obscured, causing me to move my head to look around the gearshift lever to view the display. As a result, my attention to the road is much more distracted than if I had an unobstructed view of the radio display. This could lead to an accident.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA