4.7

2011 Buick Lucerne electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Lucerne:

2011 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Lucerne

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. While driving 60 mph, the engine stalled and the steering wheel seized without warning. It took the contact several minutes to restart the vehicle. The failure occurred on several occasions and, each time the vehicle stalled, the contact was locked inside the vehicle due to the electronic lock system within the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The contact serviced the vehicle himself and found that the wiring harness had melted and the engine warning indicator illuminated. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Parma, OH, USA

Dec 032012

Lucerne 6-cyl

I was driving on a highway and stopped at a stop sign--when I accelerated to continue driving the car shifted into the gear for driving in the snow. The gear shift still was in drive. In the snow drive gear you get a bumpy ride and can only go 30 mph. I had on star at that time and they told me to turn the ignition off and it would get me out of that gear. I did that twice and it worked. I brought the car to a dealer in Florida and they said it was caused by a faulty fuse--which they replaced. This same thing happened to me again this week; I now have 34,000 miles on the odometer. Turning the car off also worked. I will bring the car into Buick to have it checked. My concern is that the car will slip into the slow gear while I'm driving. Has anyone else reported this problem.

- Center Moriches, NY, USA

Oct 162014

Lucerne

Background - I just went through the ignition recall on my 2007 Chevrolet cobalt. The ignition switch was replaced and I am comfortable driving the car now. Then I received recall 14299 on my 2011 Buick Lucerne (NHTSA campaign id 14V355) involving a similar ignition issue. It also mentioned the weight issue of items hanging on the key causing loss of engine power, braking, etc. The recall provided the same interim instructions as the cobalt, remove everything from the key including the fob. I took my Buick Lucerne in for the recall and found out all it involved was adding two key rings and an insert in the key. After the recall is performed it is supposed to be safe to add previously removed items back on your key ring. I do not understand how adding two key rings and an insert can correct a weight issue on the key. I haven't had the recall performed yet because I didn't have both keys with me when I went to the dealership. I am trying to understand if I am wasting my time driving 40 miles for what appears to be a General Motors sham. Has the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration evaluated and approved this fix?

- Van Alstyne, TX, USA

Aug 152014

Lucerne

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part that was needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Monroe Township , NJ, USA

Aug 162014

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount if time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available...updated 09-24-14

- Madison, WI, USA

Aug 112014

Lucerne

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 022014

Lucerne

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer has not been made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Feb 202011

Lucerne

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that the park assist would flash on and off intermittently and would no longer beep properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where he ran a diagnostic test on the vehicle but was unable to diagnose the failure. The contact spoke to the manufacturer and was told they are aware of the failure but there was no remedy yet available. The failure and current mileage was 4,600.

- Newport News , VA, USA