2002 Buick Park Avenue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Park Avenue:

2002 Buick Park Avenue Owner Comments

Jan 282015

Park Avenue

I have been smelling oil burning smell when I drive my car for a while. Today I took the car to my mechanic and he told me it's "upper intake manifold/coolant leak. He found recalls on previous years. He advised me to talk to GM. GM didn't find any recall on my VIN and told me I can't be covered. However I found many complains by owners of other models and years. It is possible that 2002 models were not reported to be covered by a recall. GM connected me to a Buick dealer in my area. The person who I spoke with was very rude and uncooperative.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Sep 152012

Park Avenue

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Park Avenue. The contact stated that while traveling 50 mph, the power steering failed as the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart and resumed as normal. The failure recurred on four different occasions. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the crank sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000 and the current mileage was 51,000.

- Windchester, KY, USA

Mar 092011

Park Avenue

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Park Avenue. The contact stated that while traveling 55 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The contact continued to drive and the vehicle eventually regained power. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA

Jun 102013

Park Avenue

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Park Avenue. The contact stated that while servicing the vehicle, the dealer found a leak in the lower intake gasket. The upper intake was found to be deformed and caused a cooling fluid leak. The vehicle was repaired. The failure was not reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage and current mileage was 45,000.

- Littleton , CA, USA