Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Buick Rainier is a replacement for the Oldsmobile Bravada, hopefully minus the transmission issues and AWD complaints.

2004 Buick Rainier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rainier:

2004 Buick Rainier Owner Comments

Aug 242013

Rainier CXL V6

My truck was always overfilled at the gas station - now I find out it was a known (by GM) problem covered by a 10 year 120,000 mile warranty. Now my garage smells of gas and I find out it is also a known issue (fuel lines rust out in northern states). Unfortunately my truck is 9 years old with 128,000 and over the extended warranty I just found out about.

I was thinking about buying a new Buick Encore but now I feel that GM let me down by withholding this information. With all of the mailers I receive from GM they certainly have the funds to communicate issues if they care about long term customer satisfaction.

Perhaps I am better served to pass on the Encore as the Ford Escape is pretty appealing. I will go to my Buick dealer next week to see if they are any help, but based on past experience I don't expect much from them.

Thanks for listening.