1998 Buick Regal windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Regal:

1998 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Nov 022007

Regal LS

MY RIGHT REAR WINDOW WOULD NOT ROLL DOWN. It sounded like it was working but it wasn't. The next week I rolled it down. It fixed itself. But I am waiting for more problems with the windows.

- , Napoleon, MI, USA

Oct 052006

Regal LS

The cables that operate the power windows appear to have jammed inside the motor, though the motor still appears to work. I had a problem with one of my windows not rolling up well and then one day that it ceased to work altogether. On that same day another one of my windows which I'd had no problems with also ceased to work. The windows would just slide all the way down unless they were held up. A week and a half later I had the same thing happed to a third window on my car. I fear to roll the last remaining working window down at all.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Sep 102006

Three windows are not working at this time. The car is a 1998 Buick Regal. My mother in law owns the car and I am tasked with fixing it. She tells me the dealer wants $450 per window for the fix. The windows quit at individually within the last 18 months. The car gets very little use. I am not sure where to go first as far as troubleshooting goes. Another site I looked at seemed to indicate it was the modulator which looks like a fairly big job. I just don't want to put more into it than is needed. Sounds like other people have had the same problem. My mother in law is ready to sell the car due to her frustration. Too bad because she has always had a Buick in the driveway.

- , Kennewick, WA, USA