8.0

2000 Buick Regal fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick Regal:

2000 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Mar 032012

Regal LS 3.8L

Have ran out of gas when the gas gauge said full,almost hit by cars behind my car on freeway,ticket on car and towed off freeway to tow yard,this cost me $500 dollers or more.Mecanic said that GM used foam floats that in time soak up gas making the gauge go nuts and not telling the right amounts of fuel in the tank.Why should I have to pay for this when they used cheaper and inferior parts,I never heard of the older brass or metal floats having this problem.

- , Lomita, CA, USA

Apr 162010

Regal LX 3.2L V6

Fuel gauge doesn't work, dash lights don't work, therefore I have no idea how many miles I have driven, so I have to keep a notebook in the car and write down (guessing sometimes) how many miles I've driven in order not to run out of gas on the hyw. Did I mention I hate this car.

- , Ider, AL, USA